2009's Best Engines

yeah and that will be another 40g’s or so… i mean why not offer it in all themodels v6 and all get the cts direct inj. motor a 5 or 6spd manual and get better milage and have the ls2 and i guess the ls3 or what ever is gonna be in the gxp. all avl. in manuals to get better milage.

because they suck at making cars?

I like the BMW twin-turbo 3.0 inline 6 gas motor :slight_smile:

yeah thats a bad ass motor also. the 3.5 nissan motor is awesome also. a girl i use to date had an altima with the 6spd. i stalled it about 4 times in the first 2 miles. she made fun of me and i told her im use to beable to hear the car and one wiht tq also. :blah: ****in car ripped.

LOL those 3.5 nissan motors are awesome.

G8 has a L76 which is sort almost the same thing as an LS2. The differences are the L76 has active fuel mgt (turns int to a v4), LS3 intake, L92/LS7 heads, cam takes 87 gas (a tune can add 40hp but require prem fuel)…So it almost the same but quite not.

coming from someone who drives a cavalier

:doh:

where the hell is the bmw m3 v8 its a 4.0 v8 that makes 420hp more then the benchmark of 100 hp per liter and also it revs to 8,300 rpm thats more of an achievement then alot of the motors on the list

not a fan of gm but your right the ls7 should be on there
500 hp 475trq and 7,000 revs

how bout the LSA in the new CTSV…thats a bad ass motor

yeah because that matters… :jerkit:

I like the 2009 R35 Nissan GT-R VR38DETT

its about perception evan a pat bus would feel quick when you’re used to rollerblading to work

LS9?! Hello… wtf kinda list is this… lol

I think they realized pushrod motors are old news. Maybe?

Proven reliable power sure sucks huh.

It’s on the internet.

I never said there was anything wrong with them, they do make great power and are reliable. I don’t think the article was looking for the highest power engines though, the list would have been much different in that case.

Hello, it’s a list of the best engines of '09

Ward’s Automotive Group announces its 2009 10 Best Engines list, which reflects the diversity of powertrains that will play a role in reshaping America’s automotive landscape.

reshaping, not stagnating :kekegay:

Bumping this back up…

Looking around at that Genesis Sedan in Detroit at the auto show, I noticed the Tau V8 bears a very striking resemblance to a Ford Modular motor.