Auto financing help needed

Or fucking Subarus. 10 year old 100k Impreza RS’s going for $8k my ass. :rant:

myfico.com, spend the $30 to see what her scores are and whats on the reports. Then she will see if she will even be able to get a loan with out a co-signer. With short history and first time car buyer she might have a had time getting a large amount without a co-signer.

haha yeah, prices on subarus are outrageous

i think we are going to go look at some used sentras. the prices are great on cars with only about 50k miles.

I will tell you what sir.I hated my 05 cobalt. I beat the shit out of it everyday I drove it. It had 60 thousand really hard miles put through it. When I traded it in you know what i bought? Another cobalt.People hate on them but the 2.2 ecotec motor is very reliable and I averaged about 35 36 mpg on the way back from Rochester. If she was to smart buy a cobalt. three years she can give it back. In 05 I had a fully loaded ls and I payed 175 a month. This one I have now was more.Plus I had to roll over mileage. I pay 235 a month. I also bought this one. For a first car it is not a bad idea especially if her credit is not that great. my credit sucked when I bought that car. Ii was paying 12 percent.This one I think is around 4 percent. I cant really remember.

I don’t buy domestic, sorry guys.

your not, she is. people are giving you advice, listen to it

i’m not asking for advice on what car to buy, I am asking for financial advice. Thanks though. Doesn’t matter if its me buying it or her buying it, in the end, when it breaks, I will be the one dealing with it.

because the stipulations are a huge pain in the ass for us because we send them and then you call and get someone different everytime and they don’t have a clue what your talkign about. Its easy for the customer but a pain for us. Also its not always a guaranteed approval and we have been royally screwed before. basically when they first came out the customer came in with the “check” detached (so no sheets with the requirements) and used it like a check. they didn’t qualify for some of the stipulations and Cap One didn’t finance the loan so we got screwed for like 40,000 grand.

have her walk into a credit union and see what they will finance her on. then you have something to baseline the dealers against.

so no need to guess, or hope for the best. I wouldn’t even start shopping cars yet.

what credit unions can I go to?

anyone you want, or even a good bank… almost all credit unions take everybody at this point.

I don’t know of any, have you ever used one?

come on guy, show a little initiative… google or a phone book and find one close to you.

I am a little iffy on just opening a phonebook and borrowing $10,000, sorry man. Just looking for someone that has had a good experience.

any credit union or bank is fine… chances are that regardless of where you finance a car they’ll sell your loan to another bank anyway… it’s not like you have control to pick who holds the note at the end of the day.

Cornerstone FCU in Lockport, Navy FCU is national, and there are some from down here we’ve had to deal with but I bet you don’t want to come down to the deep south to go to one.

Obviously I am a bit biased because I’ve never had to think about where I get my car or financing or anything like that but dealers rates are usually better than credit unions and you can tell us which bank you like. Not guaranteeing that they would say yes but they are there.

ex. I use GMAC, M&T, Community Bank, Steuben Bank, Five Star, Wachovia, Alliance, TD Banknorth, Fifth Third, Capital One, Citizens, Wells Fargo, Americredit and our other stores have others as well

GMAC, M&T are usually the best ones to buy a deal for us because we send them so much business so thats where I would start if you came to me to buy a car:wave:

Cornerstone is pretty lax about membership… i’ve mentioned them before as one of my past lenders.

^thats why I mentioned them, i think you talked about it in the auto loan thread we had and said good things

Looks like she may go ahead and take advantage of Honda’s recent graduate credit program. Basically you have to prove that you graduated within the past 2 years, no adverse credit, a job, social security card, and license. They have competitive rates and the guy at Don Davis is really cool, and is going to try his best to get us a good deal on a new honda.

Will post back over the weekend once we go back to the dealer.

good stuff… let us know because i’m curious to find out how it goes