Auto loan guru's, step on in...

So here’s my situation, im looking at buying a “new” truck, 01 Chevrolet S10 (yeah i know gas prices are outrageous, S10’s are gay, iv heard it all before, save your keyboard the misery.)

Anyways, I just turned 21 and i have absolutely no credit. No bad credit either, i never had the need to get a credit card, just payed cash for all my toys and i have no student loans. I never bought a credit card because I knew i would abuse it given the opportunity. I just got one from capital one which just arrived tonight, $500 limit, HORRAY, bring on the booze and hookers!!! :jam:

Now my question is, im trying to go through a local bank to get a loan, they said they need a gurantor, the lady tried to tell me its not a co-signer, just another form of one. Can someone prove me wrong?

I’m trying to get this loan to build some credit and i have been wanting a truck for a while now. I have many projects around the house that require demands that the “grand clam” just can’t handle. i also need to transport my motorcycle since its currently being rebuilt and i will most likely be picking up a dirtbike pretty soon.

So i would need 9k on a loan to buy this truck, whats the best way to get this accomplished besides the obvious, “save up and buy it”, ill be 40 by the time i can buy my 2001 truck. My parents can’t co-sign, they are both going through loan applications right now, ones an auto and the other is refinancing a mortgage. Any help is appreciated, i know alot of you guys have financed some pretty expensive cars. Thanks guys!

your credit score has a little bit to do with you getting approved…it mainly goes by your income to debt ratio…if you have 1500 per month tied up in bills and only make 1800 a month at your job, i would say you’re about as screwed as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest…and thats including your credit score…obv a higher score will mean lower APR’s, but theres more to it than just a solid score most of the time…i know some banks will give you a loan if you’ve had a solid steady paying job for over a year or two…kinda like a first time buyer program…it sucks sometimes if you have little to no credit…best advice would be to get a low limit credit card (like you did) and everytime the bill comes in, pay it off in full…you wont get socked w/ super high interest rates and it pisses the bank off…problem is, with only doing that, its gonna take you yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars to get a better credit score…its sad to say that the more you borrow and then pay back, the higher your score gets…its pretty pathetic if you ask me…

my advice: find a sugar mama with butt loads of cash: problem solved! lol