Getting a Loan TIPS

I saw on another thread about financings and stuff and some people had some good points, but it was in a thread about the supra and didnt belong there.

Post here your tips for getting a loan if you dont have a huge history or credit or have amazing credit.

I went to alot of banks to try to loan my bike but no one would do it because I had less than a year of history on my credit. I went to community resource in latham, they didnt even want a co signer, got 6% rate and 4 loan the next day got the check the day after went and bought my bike… no down payment just monthly for 144…

yea I gotta have full coverage and that costs 2600 a year for me, so I dropped it, got min insurance possible, and the bank took out insurance on the bike which is 700 a year i have to pay… nothing too bad if you ask me…

Anyways post some good places to get approved for loans and etc and what tips you got for an older car or newer or what ever

I heard capital one is VERY good with approving you, actually when I went to buy my AMG benz they approved me right away but only for new york and the one I wanted was in SC, so I never was able to get approved anywhere else, this was before the bike.

You cant beat credit unions for auto loans. Sefcu, Sunmark, and Capcom. Sunmark was the best option for me a month ago but it could change. PM me if you want a name.

No big secrets to it. Run your credit report or ask to see if when they run it for you. Make sure everything’s correct on it.

Get a co-signer.
Like Jclark said, there’s no big secret.

Yea ok fair enough, but when trying to get my bike they said Co signer wouldnt even help, they told me that would help if my credit or income was low, but lack of history IN MY CASE im sure its different , wouldnt of been helped any by a co signer , they simply didnt even wanna talk to me :@

federal credit unions ftw, ive always gotten great interest, easy as shit to deal with and most people are approved

:giggedy :giggedy

i got a 5year loan through hsbc for my supra

HSBC sounds like a good place to go for a loan

thats where i have all mine…also if you get another motorcycle they dont require you to have full coverage

what do you mean ? another motorcycle while I have this loan out ? or after i finish this loan ?

i said that for later reference…not having to pay for full coverage is awesome…i pay $ 18.00 per month for a 07 gsxr 1000 and a 03 cbr 600rr

So if i go buy another bike on a loan from them, after this is done, they wont make me put full coverage?

ive had good luck with berkshire bank.

shit, when I refinanced my acura (it was in my grandmothers name due to bankruptcy) they never even asked for the paperwork etc, the car still has a clean title with no liens. they gave me the 8k right off the bat, cash money into my checking account

I have to figure a good way to refinance my student loans, I have both private and federal loans, all together about 70k worth

a couple banks have policies where they or their insurance covers the gap if you total your car out and only have liability. I think its even called gap insurance. I had a bank that didnt’ need full coverage on my financed car, and berkshire bank doesn’t really care about my bike loan either.

pretty much, the banks do not know if you’ve taken full coverage off your vehicle unless A) you get into an accident and total it out or B)tell them.

im not condoning it, but there isn’t really a way for them to followup on every single car they finance

i’ve had 3 motorcycle loans through them…never had full coverage on any…in the loan you pay for a type of insurance where if you get hurt they pay for the loan untill you’re back to work

i got gap insurance on my loan

and actually… I took off my full coverage and a few weeks later got mail saying they were gonna put coverage if i didnt do it myself…

but i let them put it on cuz it was cheaper to pay them for the insurance they put on, that getting insurance my self cuz of my age

Sefcu.

make enough money and a steady job and have a cosigner ready = instant loan

my girls getting a loan for a new car, im cosigning, i have perfect credit. make enough money to pay her loan + my 2 easily. plus i currently have 2 loans out. so there not even looking at her job history to decide if she gets it or not. (still looks at it to keep a record)

Tips for New car loan.
-Get a cosigner JUST in case.
-Make your payments on time or early. i know with sefcu if you pay early often (5+months outta the year) and on time they will lower the interest rate.
-Typical loan tips…blah blah blah

:nuts :ohnoes

IM picking out the car
IM driving it more than she will.

so techincally its more my car. but she alreadys knows whats gunna happen if she fucks up, or fucks the car up

she actually wants to get a 2002 sentra, or the newer altima. im thinking 2002 Sentra SE-R in blue :mwahaha maunal of course. shes gotta learn some day :lol im buying a cheap beater for a couple weeks for her to learn stick on and for me to drive while my cars in paint. she drove my 240 from CT home last september. stalled it once cause she forgot to put her foot on the clutch. when we first started off.

Make sure she knows you’re registering it and the title is in your name. ;D