credit union or bank question

Does anyone know of any new banks in the area, or of a good credit union? I need somewhere that ill be able to get a 4,600 dollar loan.

it all depends on your credit really that is your factor of where you really can go. if you have great credi go anywhere with the lowest rate if you have ok credit look into your own bank if you have had the account for a while or a credit union if you have shitty credit get someone with good credit to co-sign and then go back to option a

i dont have a co-signer and my credit is okay because i pretty much just established it.

well see thats another problem unless you have over a year of established credit ie few credit cards always paid on time never more than 50 percent balance at any time or vehicle loan for at least 6mo they will say well everything looks good but you do not have enough established credit or some shit like that.

edit: also if it an unsecured personal loan they are very hard to get with too little credit i know citizens bank requires a minimum of 650 score and at least 1.5 years of credit history

hmm i see…i was told that if i went to a new bank that i would have a good chance to get a loan because they are trying to establish themselves.

Yeah, everyone talks about credit score, but take it from someone who is young too, im finding credit history matters just as much. I have been turned down from numerous loans based on my lack of credit history, yet I have a better credit score than my parents

you either need a cosigner or collateral… do you have either?

If you have a good job with steady income and not completely fubar’d credit go check out my CU at least. They gave me an unsecured loan for like 9K when I was 19; I was working and had very little bills so my DTI ratio was great.

www.summitfcu.org

They’ve got a few branches in buffalo, but I use the one on Transit north of Main.

[quote=“97FormulaWS-6,post:7,topic:36163"”]

If you have a good job with steady income and not completely fubar’d credit go check out my CU at least. They gave me an unsecured loan for like 9K when I was 19; I was working and had very little bills so my DTI ratio was great.

www.summitfcu.org

They’ve got a few branches in buffalo, but I use the one on Transit north of Main.

[/quote]

right now i have a real good job for being only 18. I work full time and deff have a steady income…the only bill i have is my cell phone since i still live at home. I’ll check them out…thanks alot :slight_smile:

good luck being 18 and need a loan that is unsecure its going to be very hard. have a parent take it out and you repay them; that looks like the only way you will get one, also the intrest rates are going to be near credit card aprs. see if your credit card will give you a increse if your going to making purchases.

You won’t get a loan. Plan and simple. You are a “ghost”. You’ll need a co-signer for your first few loans.

I do this for a living, but regardless…I’m not going to waste my time explaining it to you. You need a co-signer. :frowning:

my parents cant take it out or co-sign it…they are getting divorced and filed bankruptcy :frowning:

anyone wanna co-sign?? ill give you 500 bucks :slight_smile: i’m good with my payments…everything is on time and i can fit it in my budget…ill even sit down with you, tell you how much i make…my bills…and show you how i can afford it. i’m good with my money and i can have ppl vouch for me :smiley:

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:13,topic:36163"”]

anyone wanna co-sign?? ill give you 500 bucks :slight_smile: i’m good with my payments…everything is on time and i can fit it in my budget…ill even sit down with you, tell you how much i make…my bills…and show you how i can afford it. i’m good with my money and i can have ppl vouch for me :smiley:

[/quote]

and if you die, and are unable to work…they get stuck with your debt? :lolham:

lol my parents will take over the payments…cmon anyone? hey you work at a bank can you help me out?

When I would get used auto loans through my credit union, they would secure the loan with the vehicle, and put a lein on it.

And they do repo vehicles, they sell them on ebay after they repo them.

My first car I did need a cosigner, but my next three I got myself.

okay…im finding out tomorrow if my dad can co-sign or not…so i have my fingers crossed!!

So why is an 18 year old trying to get an unsecured loan? There’s a reason why it’s hard to get one, and that’s because it’s probably a bad idea and the banks know that.

i understand its a risk for them…but i make great money for my age and i can deff afford it.

Cool. I imagine that the length of financing that you are looking for isn’t very long, so it’s actually probably not a bad idea. Open/close a loan with all the payments on time should help your credit score so you can get a good rate when you’re looking to finance things like a house in a few years. :tup: