Getting a Loan w/ New job?

Long story short.

I’m looking for a loan, sub 5k.

My credit union requires that I be working at my current company for no less than 4 months.
I have been there 9 weeks.

Kind of annoyed that I end up switching from my “just to make gas money and pay for insurance while going to school” job… To my actual professional/life job, and nearly double my salary, and now can’t get a loan -.-

But I understand I guess.
So, suggestions on what to do?

I do have a CD That matures in August for 8k, I would use that as a secured loan… (I tried to anyway) but she said something about how because of the recent job change, about me being able to pay the monthly bill on the loan.

I had the same issue with buying my car.

What is the loan for. Do you have ANYONE who can co-sign. That will be your best bet.

Used Auto.

Yeah, my parents would more than likely do it.

I asked the credit union about that as well, and she told me they would have to take it out in their name, and then I would have to cosign with them.

then just do that… / thread

I dont feel like begging them to go to a bank with me and take out a loan FOR me.
I’m trying to be moderately grown up.

Not to mention it goes against their credit having an extra loan out + Credit checks…

go to another bank

A $5k loan for a car is gonna be a tought one to get anyways. Better off just buying something from a used car dealer.

If they are willing to co-sign, then they should be more than willing to sign and have you co-sign.

An applicant and a guarantor have the same responsibility on the loan. Regardless of whom goes first or second.

A $5,000 loan shouldn’t hurt their DTI too much. Not to mention inquiries don’t have a negative impact on people’s credit ratings anymore (unless its an ungodly amount in a short period).

:word:

even if they co-sign it is still going to show on their credit since they are responsible for it just as much as you are.

Welcome to reality man. Maybe you can just keep driving your beater for a few months?