loan?

alright im 18, need to get a cheap loan, like 1500$ to buy myself a beater to get back and forth from work untill i sell my house and see what money says about buying a little nicer car, but the big problem with all of this is that both my parents suck at life and have the worst credit ever, so what would be the easiest route to getting that? im not sure about my credit, the day i turned 18 i knew it was bad becasue the fact of my parents sucking and not paying medical bills blah blah i had to pay that off, but back to the point no cosigner, not enough credit, no grandparents, what to do?

anybody can cosign a loan for you. maybe a cousin? aunt or uncle? or even a friend willing to do such a thing

$1500 is going to be a personal loan.

Go to HSBC and sign up for a credit card.

Take one of their cash checks for the credit card out for $1500.

0% interest for a year.

Win win

FYI you can’t get a car loan for less then $5K?

well i planned on taking out a personal loan for this, ill try that hsbc thing, though the last thing i need is another credit card.

go to a local credit union sign up for an account and try to get a personal loan thru them. the interest rate might be high but, most will give you something.

already said i needed a cosigner at my credit union, that one across from sg, im at a loss and i dont want to walk home from work haha. just wanted to see if anyone knew of a n00b loan office or somthing, idk just throwing it out there.

personal loan from the credit union they usually are the least strict about credit ratings

get accepted into a college and take out student loans and then drop out :roflpicard:

Have you thought about peer to peer lending, prosper.com? I don’t know too much about it, but it may be an option.

ill pass haha.

Might depend on the bank, I have gotten loans on cars for less than 5k (2k and 3k), but that was awhile ago, so maybe things have changed.

save up 1.5k and buy out right

dudes gotta get to work. he needs wheels to get to work.

he is getting there now

i have no problem saving the money, but that would take to long hence me losing my job and then being back to square one, thats why i ask this!

they will not give you a loan with out the income to pay it… just keep your truck till you get $$ and pick up the first thing you find

i believe mom and wayne share the truck, wayne wants his own car so he can drive to work

I took out a personal loan from my credit union for 3.5k IIRC.
I had no credit rating at all (they lady couldn’t even pull up my credit report, as I had none)
But I still qualified for the loan… @ 13.950% :
but it was better than not getting a loan. :]

I actually just paid it in full last month w/ my tax refund + some extra cash I saved for it. ;D

It was an employee’s credit union, if that makes any difference.
and I had the same job for about a year and a half at the time if that makes any difference. (which I’m sure it does)

yea i share the jeep due to money issues, thats why i need this, ill end up spending more money for a taxi everday then paying for a little loan.

double post but i forgot to mention, i start my new job monday due to losing my otther job not to having a car, so i dont know if that will have effect on it or not.