personal loan questions

i need to take out a loan for 3000-3500 dollars… i went to the credit union where i work and even with a cosigner the best interest rate i can get is 17.9%, and i want to make this happen… so my questions are

if my cosigner has AMAZING credit can i get a cheaper interest rate?

who offers good personal loans?

is there a way to have the payment DIRECTLY deducted from a credit union???

I have no established credit, one credit card, but i’ve only ahd it for a matter of months???

17.9 is killer… it makes me not wanna take the loan out…

thanks

citifinancial is pretty decent. thats where i got my loan from. i had no credit and got a interest rate if 16.9%

anybody else… thanks 16.9 is still ouchies… how long did u have to pay it off… im looking for 2 years or 3 years… that would be ideal… @ 18% the sooner the better :slight_smile:

I will loan it to you at 15% because I’m a nice guy.:smiley:

If you buy a home and get a line of equity they will THROW money at you.
The rates are like 5%.

rofl… ok sounds fair enough to me… anybody else? ill get back to you …

does anybody here know if my cosigner has a perfect credit score can that lower my interest rate…

anybody ever try eloan? or any online place?

If you have someone that trusts you enough to cosign maybe they could get the loan and you could pay them back.(?)
I would assume the rates would be MUCH, MUCH lower.

im trying to establish credit in this process… .

so that wont work

does anybody here know if my cosigner has a perfect credit score can that lower my interest rate… so is this a no??? for sure???

It was for 5grand at for 5 years. and i had the option to refinance after each year if i wanted to.

thanks… anybody else… any other options…?

somebody… how do people establish credit from nothing…

by using credit cards to buy stuffs and pay on time. Also taking out loans and pay on time. Over the years your credit will be good :smiley: . I don’t know how much is your credit line on your credit card, but they usually have credit card checks offer like 3.99 % for 12 months. If your co-signer has good credit, your rate will be lower for sure, not really low. Good luck.

I got one at educationone.com (thru chase). 9% intrest blah!

It was actually a little to easy to get.

do u have to be a student for that?

I skimmed most of this, but an unsecured personal loan is always going to carry a high interest rate, it’s just the way it is. If you default the bank has nothing to take back from you so they charge you a higher rate, esp. with no credit history.

educationone.com is that only for students… i dont want to take a student loan out

through my credit union i got 8% for my personal loan

Personally, I would apply for a credit card, 0% interest for 12 months…then use teh check to pay whatever it is that you want to purchase.

anything more than 10% is outregious…the sooner you pay it off the better