School loan place question:

Hey guys…quick question…
im looking around for a new place to get my school loans from, im currently going through citibank but i want a lower interest rate…mine is 8% right now…

anyone know of a quick approval, lower rate, well known place i could apply to get a school loan from? thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

where are you going to school?

Im leaving UB this fall and goin to BU out in Seattle, WA

IBNikuk.

All student loans go through the same place, so it’s difficult to shop around for a better rate.

what about Nelnet? that is where i had one of my loans through.

stay with the same bank because you wont be able to consolidate different banks loans later. my sister had this happen and now has to pay 2 different loans every month.

Even the Direct loans from the government are greater than 6.5%. Good luck finding anything lower than that.

http://www.lendingtree.com/

Greatest site in the world for auto insurance never used it for school loans though.

If it works for you, I can be repaid in chocolate chip cookies.

Citibank has been good to me. I was able to consolidate 4 loans locked in @ 4.25% last year. Realy helped me out and lowerd my monthly payment alot.

Current Interest Rates Listed on Citibank’s Website
Stafford Loan … 6.80%*
PLUS Loan … 8.50%*
Loan Consolidation … 5.375%*

its still a high percentage guys.

You would think that they would invest in the future generation of workers by offering a good rate, instead they are gouging us.

I’m paying like 9 percent now, and in the process of refinancing.

i wish my interest rates were at 8%…2 of mine are like 18%…but then i also consolidated some at 3.375%

thanks a bunch guys! :slight_smile:

you’re a girl…you don’t need student loans…stripping ftw

LOL or sleeping with the dean.

I’m serious…any girl (who isn’t fat and ugly) who doesn’t try being a stripper to pay for college is silly…massive tax free money > *

lol

wow

this thread just blew up.