Picked up a 240z

Ryan, I’ve been a member of Hybridz since '02 :wink: Thanks though.

Pyro, dont worry it wont be driven year round, I’m not that cruel. Just another summer car to add to the stable. I have my 5 series Touring and soon an F350 diesel (replacing my jeep) for the winters. The VQ sits MUCH farther back and is almost identical in weight to a fully equipped SR20DET, not to mention it’s the same price. The ONLY benefit to the SR20 is there is a bolt in kit and I wont have to fab up motor mounts. The VQ sits completely behind the strut towers though, there is another guy doing the swap right now and is a bit ahead of me in terms of progress. I’m 100% dead set on a VQ now. The only reason I entertained the idea was possibly picking up an SR from Bing.

http://www.vq240z.com-a.googlepages.com/enginemounts035Medium.jpg/enginemounts035Medium-custom;size:620,465.jpg
http://www.vq240z.com-a.googlepages.com/enginemounts057Medium2.jpg/enginemounts057Medium2-full.jpg

I’ll be mounting mine further back as I’ll be modifying the water pipe between the heads to fit “in” the firewall and using a custom intake that enters in the front. Will allow me to mount the engine a full 2" further back. To be perfectly honest I’m not interested in “big” power. 250-300whp is the most I’ll ever want out of this car I suspect. I have the a 35R car, no need for two.

Yes, '94 widebody.

Garden hose on the fuel tank…

Pass floorboard

Driver’s floorboard

Engine out, stripped the engine bay tonight after that pic was taken. Justin peering into the abyss wondering what the hell I’m thinking with another project car.

Hoping to get the dash out and start working on the wiring and gauges and sanding down the engine bay tomorrow night. Probably moving the car away out of the shop in the coming weeks as I’ve rented 2500+sq/ft with a few friends for the winter and plan on moving my 951 track car and the Datsun there. I will say, it is nice to finish up work for the day and not have to travel to work on one of my projects.