Loan Consolidation

I went to Canisius College for 4 years, graduated, and now have the pleasure of paying off my educational debt. I owe a relatively substantial amount in student loans and am looking for my best options on consolidating. I understand the consolidation process and what it entails, but have no idea what bank or company to go through. Any reccomendations or info would be much appreciated.

nelnet is decent for federal loans… dont get suckerd in by companies that give you a bonus check for using them… you WILL pay that back and more over the life of the loan

All of my federal loans were taken out through CitiBank and they offer a pretty good consolidation rate. Just seeing what else is out there and if anyone else has a better rate. I’ll look into nelnet.

If you have federal loans you can consolidate them for pretty much the same rate anywhere…I go through citi. Personal loans are going to have higher interest rates…I have 2 of them and couldn’t get a rate below 10, that was a few years ago when rates were a lot higher though. Citi does those too.

Terry

I work for Citi, and consolidated all my loans there.

They have been fair with their rates, and they do offer various payment plans to keep your payment down.

I’m on the regular plan, and make extra payments, but if you want a low payment, you can get that also.

Sallie Mae is the devil as far as I am concerned. They are the worst company in the world to deal with.

I work for FNFG and they use Nelnet for all their student loan consilidation. From the looks of it I’ll probably just consolidate thru CitiBank.

i use citibank for my alternative and they are real good and i am at 6.5% and cons. over the summer

Whatever you do dont go with sallie mae, especially for private loans. theyre crooks