Student loan, interest sound high?

I took out a student loan through citibank and my interest rate is 9.250. From people I have talked to, this number sounds high. Am I wrong? I don’t really know anything about loans and could use some help and maybe where a better place to get a loan from for next year would be?

Thanks
Penfold

private student loans are always going to be high

ok, thanks, I was just unsure.

private loan FTL

http://www.nelnet.com/financial_aid_advice.aspx?id=868&path=bsp.fye.ufa.fnop

wow, thanks, that will help.
Much appreciated.

incorrect order:

1. get loan
  2. ask for help

correct order:

1. ask for help
  2. get loan

thats extremely high for a private loan even, mine is just slightly less than half of that, refinance like woah

:tup:

Nelnet services 'em all anyhow.

where is yours through?

LOLLLLLLLL so true

chase

Ouch; is that what school loans are up to now??? Mine’s locked at 3.15%!! But mine’s a government loan

4.25% locked in over here, citibank

Consolidated back at 2% FTW…I have $18,000 in extra loans sitting in a money market at 5% while i make the minimum payments and write off the interest :tup:

Thats high, refinance like i plan on doing

ok, so. I did some looking around and found out that federal Stafford loans are locked in at 6.8%. the federal Stafford loan is what i applied for and thought I got through citibank, but they are telling me I have 9.25% interest.

I feel like an idiot that i just realized this now.

:tup:

I have two loans. A small one at 7.14% that I pay extra on. The larger one is locked at 2.5% and I’m in no hurry to pay it off.

apparently I applied for the citiassist loan and that is why I have the high interest rate. This is what happens when a 18 year old high school senior is left to figure out everything about paying for college on his own…

Anyway, my question is, should I take out a federal stafford loan this year and use it to pay off the high interest loan I have?

shit, i think i just figured all of this out, nevermind.