anyone work at a bank?

well i need a loan for a car, i totalled mine and im broke and need a car asap, can anyone help me out?

broke + getting car loan isnt good. Unless you have a job…

Brett (redrum) works at a bank but I don’t believe in the loan office.

I work at a bank, but I don’t do loans. I would go to HSBC. They always give me the best rates. They even beat my M&T rate and I get a special employee rate. :wtf:

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:2,topic:29615"”]

broke + getting car loan isnt good. Unless you have a job…

Brett (redrum) works at a bank but I don’t believe in the loan office.

[/quote]

lol i have a job, just no cash lol

sureshot! might. I’m not sure exactly wtf he does.

[quote=“Avatar,post:3,topic:29615"”]

I work at a bank, but I don’t do loans. I would go to HSBC. They always give me the best rates. They even beat my M&T rate and I get a special employee rate. :wtf:

[/quote]

ill try HSBC thanks :slight_smile:

[quote=“newman,post:5,topic:29615"”]

sureshot! might. I’m not sure exactly wtf he does.

[/quote]

hmm ill PM him thanks

what makes you think that anyone who is “broke” and not able to pay for a loan will be able to get one “as a favor” by anyone who works at a bank.

For car loans, try to find a local credit union. I have 25 dollars in a account at home in a local savings bank so I can stay a member which gives me crazy low rates on loans. I am sure there is one around here that you can make an account at and get a loan from.

[quote=“JustinH,post:7,topic:29615"”]

what makes you think that anyone who is “broke” and not able to pay for a loan will be able to get one “as a favor” by anyone who works at a bank.

[/quote]

i thought maybe someone could help me out or give me some info on a loan.

Your rate will depend on:

credit score/history
age of car (rate goes way up as cars get older, most banks wont finance anything older than 1999)
LTV
term of loan

It’s a bad idea to get anything longer than 48 months.

i just went to m&t for a car loan, my rate was 9% ugh. it stayed the same even with a cosigner and my credit score was really good. i suggest anywhere but there. i’m going to go and talk to the people at hsbc soon too.

Why dont u get financing from a dealership?.. if your credit is good and u qualify u can get promo rates at like 1.9% … when i bought my S2000, i got locked in at 2.9% for the full length of the loan. Use the insurance money from the totaled car as a downpayment and finance the rest. Or take the money to Sundowners and do the motorboat 10,000 times.

[quote=“PsngrSeatsR4Boys,post:11,topic:29615"”]

i just went to m&t for a car loan, my rate was 9% ugh. it stayed the same even with a cosigner and my credit score was really good. i suggest anywhere but there. i’m going to go and talk to the people at hsbc soon too.

[/quote]

Yeah man, MandT is horrible. I think my HSBC is at 6.8% or so and I just got it maybe 2 months ago, but not sure. A couple years ago when I went to buy a car from the stealership it was even worst. The best West Herr could do was like 12%. Again, went with HSBC.

well im only 18, no way in hell itd be that low for me lol

[quote=“Avatar,post:13,topic:29615"”]

Yeah man, MandT is horrible. I think my HSBC is at 6.8% or so and I just got it maybe 2 months ago, but not sure. A couple years ago when I went to buy a car from the stealership it was even worst. The best West Herr could do was like 12%. Again, went with HSBC.

[/quote]

agreed, i work for the bastards and do jack shit for me!

Bumping this up for myself. Contemplating a purchase that would require at least a $10k loan. I’ll check out HSBC for their rates but I don’t know how much better a credit union would be. I have good credit, and a decent job to back that up. Anyone that works at a bank, please PM me. Thanks!

I’m a financial services manager at a dealership. What are you trying to buy?

www.penfed.com

I was as well, but I don’t feel like having ~$400 payments a month for a 25k car ;
after a 6k downpayment.
Ugh.
(406/mo I was told by towne mazda for a ms3)

Well I forgot to mention this would be for a 15 year old car (that I would prefer to keep :snky: at the moment). I don’t have much at all to put down right now but I do have a stable income to support payments. After a quick look at that penfed website, I think I could manage ~$300 payments per month.