Loan Rates?

Did the prime go up on used car loans? Seems like anything I am looking at is over 6% on a 60-72 month loan.

Anyone got local suggestions? I work in Tonawanda, Rent in the city, and have a permanent residence in Rochester so any of the areas where I can become a member would be great.

Try a credit union. They got me the best rate.

how old is the car that you are trying to finance? that plus other factors can influence.

I have been looking at the few in Tonawanda since I work in Tonawanda but they all seem to be 6.75% and higher on 60 month loans and don’t offer 72 months.

The ones I am looking at are no older than a 2005 I have excellent credit score. My car is slow to start now and having more and more problems to trying to get an idea of loan rates and places to check out before my car just shits the bed.

yeah… looks like 6% for used from my credit union. I haven’t been looking, but when where the rates much lower for used?

right now is the time to lease or buy new thanks to so many subsidized rates.

financing any car for 72 months is a bad idea.

I had an older thread when I was looking about a month or 2 ago and some of the 72 month rates at some local places someone found were under 6% on 72 month loans. I found one that was 4.99% somewhere for a 72month used car newer than 2004.

4.99% was probably a teaser rate… I don’t think I ever heard of them getting that low.

I’ll finance 1000 months if the rate makes sense… you just pay more each month and it works out cheaper.

I did that with the evo since it was the same rate for 5 or 6 years. (did the 6 year deal, but paid as if I was going to be done in 5)

Yeah, 72 months screams you’re buying more car than you can afford, and guarantees you’ll be upside down on some piece of shit long before the loan is over. How much you want to bet he’s looking at something with > 30k miles besides?

The exception being when GM was offering 0% for 72 months. If you would normally do 48 months take the difference in payments and roll it into your retirement accounts.

well, yea, there are always exceptions to any rule. but for the most part, if you are trying to finance a car, specifically a used car for 6 years, it’s probably a bad choice, lol.

Car has less than 8,000 miles. I have had my Sunfire for 8 years and I have a work car so I barley drive my personal car so getting 6 years out of a car is no big deal for me since 60 or 72 month loans seem to show the same rates from what I have seen.

:bigclap:

I can’t believe it. An NYSpeeder not buying a car with 80k miles or more just so they can afford a “cool” brand.

yeah, always take the longest possible term if the rate is going to be the same… if you make the same final payment you’ll lower the principal faster and effectively lower the rate you pay.

that’s what I just did, but I paid in cash.

my credit union is doing 5.75 for used 60 months…
www.sweethomefcu.com

5.5% at cornerstone FCU in lockport on a used car.

Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Need to be a active military or affiliated association. Thinking about joining the Non Military Family Association here for $20/year https://www.penfed.org/membershipApplication/2008/nmfa.asp

12-60 month auto loans at 4.75%

the only reason i would take out a 60-72month loan is so that all of my money isnt tied up into a car, this way i can still make the payments + afford other things, and probably just pay off the loan in 2-3 years anyways

Bank of America from Franchised dealers

5.64 for under 60 months and 5.94 for 61+

http://www.westerndivision.org/wide/updated-rates1#vehicle

5.25 for 60 months, 5.75 for 70 months

western division fcu

EDIT: repost.