I'm this close to getting a bike...

I just need someone to co-sign my loan. I have an awesome credit rating and have a full time job so there’s nothing to worry about $$$ wise. They just need someone else to sign because bikes aren’t very good colatoral(sp?) because they dont hold their value. So if someone would like to co-sign my loan i’ll buy them a handle of vodka :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jake

P.S.-The reason i can’t get my parents to sign is because they would never let me own a bike

Do you really think someone would risk their credit rating for someone to get a bike. And a bike is just a toy, save up and buy it with cash.

lets put it this way… my credit rating is 793 (out of 820). If anything the person has something to gain

lmao!! bikes are easy as pie to get… any dumbass off the street can walk in and pull one out the same day…

anyone cosigning would have to be a retard… sorry jake…

well i was trying to get a unsecured personal loan for a used bike. I heard that if you buy a new bike you have to get full coverage insurance because you didn’t pay the bike off. And full coverage is like $8,000 a year compared to $300 a year for liability. Can you get a new bike & make payments with it and only get liablity?

MY INSURANCE… i thinks 440 full coverage… on a 2001 6r

you have to have full coverage on ANY bike that has a loan on it… bank or dealer…

only way not to is to have a personal loan like you stated…

my cousing just sold his r 6 today for 4400$ and it was a bad ass bike… had tons of $$ parts on it and ran like a champ… the kid pulled out and almost fell over on 819@ lol.

but everyone started sometime… i did it to!

went to progressive and after playing around with the full coverage rate, the lowest i got was “Your 12 month quote is $3,425.00”
:o

if i dont get full coverage it says “Your 12 month quote is $323.00”
No way i can pay 10x as much

try other insurance companies like allstate

Did you try GEICO? May not be any better, but worth a try.

"Your 12 month Cycle-GARD® premium is $6,147.00. "

Thats more than the bike!

you might have to get a different bike to be able to afford insurance

I would have no problem signing for you, but I wouldnt want it on my conscious if you got killed on it. Plus i dont think my credit would do you too much good to begin with. Personal unsecured loans have a really high interest rate. IMHO, at your age there is no reason for you to be financing a bike. Its not like bikes are your deep down passion… If you must have a bike, you can find an older 250 or an FZR600 or something for pretty cheap, and lose no sleep over having nothing but liability on it.

We tried to get a bike, and we were going to get a personal loan, and we were allowed to have liability only ($475 a year for a GSXR600). We were turned down for the loan because the bank hasn’t gotten a year’s worth of interest yet on our existing loan… so they won’t give us another one until after July.

Good luck anyways…

I’ve also had people tell me they have full coverage for like $400, but I can’t find ANY insurance that will do that for Mike. I called them all!

:eek3:
Under 25 + single = sucky rates. I had dropped my full coverage too, even being married with riding experience, safety class, and old enough for the best rate group. Wasn’t worth it.

WTF is a handle of vodka?

one take the course. it helps with certain insurance companys. unless your old and have a great record. insurane will be high for a new “R” bike. you can get a naked bike for cheaper on the insurance. anytime you finacne a bike you need full coverage. get a personal loan and pick up a bike that way

If you get financed through the motorcycle manufacturer on a new big you don’t need to get full coverage.

The rates aren’t very good and you still have to pay it all back if you wreck it teh next day.

If they won’t give you the loan just use a bigger down payment.

Kawasaki Ninja 250
“Your 12 month quote is $1,814.00”

I can get a shitty 250 for only $272 a month for insurance only! :o

i’m screwed no matter what i do so i might as well do nothing

pay cash for the bike man or get a personal loan. full coverage on a beginner will always get you

co-sign my personal loan then :eek4dance