insurance

im tryin to get a bike for this summer, but I need to find somewhere to get cheaper insurance. So far ive called progressive (who I have my car insurance through) and they want 2457/yr. for a 2003 kawasaki 636. Anyone know a good insurance company/ have good experience with a company.

i pay around 650 a year through state farm for full coverage for a 2004 zx6r (636)

just change ur car to be through them and they hook u up on bikes

if i didnt have my car through them it would be double that so still better than u found

edit: 750 a year

also i pay aboput the same for my car, but thats not for full coverage

my car runs me 1334 / yr but its not for full coverage either. i might have to look into state farm, cause i wanna buy this bike but im not if i have to pay that much / yr in insurance.

just looked at a bill…124 a month for both vehicles (the car is a 1990 mustang if that helps give u an idea of the car pricing)

This is the best option. The other is to get one of your parents to be the primary driver on your insurance to lower the premium but I dont think anything could help you with your driving record, 2tone. Say hello to liability only dear.

i ha geiko bike insurance on a zx6…was hell cheap

well id be down for that but parents arent a fan of teh bike in the first place so theres not a chance in hell theyre gonna do anything to better the situation, and 2 i was kicked off my parents insurance when i rolled my 2nd car :embarassd and since in gonna be financing the bike i cant do liabiltiy, im assuming. and 3. way to post finally lauren =) im honored its in my thread as your first one.

I got progressive its for liability only. Its cheap. But i heard state farm is decent on full coverage with bikes.

1. way to post finally lauren =)

not unless you take out a personal loan to finance it but then youre gonna get killed on the interest rates. In your case you either have to man up and pay the insurance or save up and pay cash for your bike. no money + bad driving record= no bike

kawasaki has a credit program where they give you a credit card instead of financing you through a bank so you don’t have to have full coverage…

I had Geico for my CBR.

i try :smiley:

you’ve rolled 2 cars and now want a bike… think about it.

:slight_smile:

theyre not that bad…i have one out on my car at 5.5 % the only problem is theyre not fixed so i could wake up tomrorow and it could be at 30billion % for all i know. but it doesnt usually fluxuate(sp) that much

lol no ive rolled 1 car it was my second car… sorry shoulda been more specific with that one. either way its a bad thing.

for 60 bucks a month its worth just to have the full coverage…

anyone who is looking at these quotes but has a larger engine bike, fyi:
state farm does their bikes based 100% on engine size and doesnt look at the style of the bike as well (my buddy was going to be paying over twice as much for an 02 suzuki intruder 1400)<–which is a “cruiser” not a sport bike

This is true but i know for a fact that some companies base it off whether its a sport bike or a cruiser. A girl I was in class with (same age, same driving record, same insurance co. as me) had some honda 600 cruiser and paid almost 600 less than i do.

yep

call b&W insurence in washington everyone i know that has a bike goes through them

quoted me at 323 a year for a hayabusa

724-222-4540

:eek3: i got quoted for a 954 and it was $3700. guess they dont like 22 year old chicks riding 1000ccs…