I'm this close to getting a bike...

your like 100lbs: buy a moped :zzz:

if i cosign it wont do any good. my credit is fucked up and i dont have a job

well, you arent gonna be riding the bike all year long… :slap:

i think they give you a year quote cause you pay it once a year making it harder to turn on and off durring the off season.

i too am close to getting a bike. i decided to go away from the loan and just save tho. it’ll take longer but i’ll save in insurance and interest.

Jake that quote is insane… switch over to state farm insurance. They have the cheapest bike insurance hands down. My full coverage insurance for my old 2000 Yamaha R6 was like $320 a year… it was like $120 a year for liability.

And no, they wont just insure a bike…you have to switch your car insurance over to them as well…but it actually saved me cash switching car insurance over to them as well. It may be a little higher for you since youre younger…im 23 and have a perfect driving record.

You definitely wanna get full coverage… its VERY easy to total a bike, ecspeically your first one. Plus what if it gets stolen?

cliff notes: State farm has cheapest bike insurance by far… call them and get a quote before you do anything.

x2

They told me $1,700 a year, but I wasn’t switching my car insurance. My car insurance (Allstate) told me $3,000 for full coverage. So fuck that.

State Farm is the best by far - I pay something like $800 a year through progressive for comp and liability only :doh: I am switching to State Farm asap, its $650 / year full coverage

Actually you DO NOT need full coverage when financing certain bikes. I know for a fact that Suzuki if you finance under $10K you DO NOT have to have full coverage on the bike. I was at the bike show in Monroeville and asked a Yahama dealer about how I didnt need full coverage and how I would have bought a new R1 if I didnt need full coverage and he said Yamaha does the same thing but I cannot verify that but I can however verify that you do not need it if you finance under 10K at Suzuki.

I agree… if you cant get financed for a bike on your own your credit cant be that good… well actually I dont mean you have bad credit you might just not have enough good credit. I got aproved 1st try on my bike and thats the only thing I ever bought big on credit on my own without my dad co-signing. Just like doug said… I dont think anyone on here is going to risk their credit for you to get a bike… what happens if you wreck it without full coverage and are stuck with a 04 bike totaled… you arnt going to want to pay for a bike you cannot ride? Good luck to you on getting the bike tho… I LOVE mine!

there are alot of dealers right now with a promotion type thing where they are working around getting full coverage on a bike you financed.

listen to 1320. i have state farm and just got a quote for a 2000 gsxr 600. 682 for full coverage for a year and 160 for liability.

What bike are you trying to get? I got a GSXR750 for my 1st bike, everyone said it would be too much bike for me but not to sound like a hard ass or anything but if I could do it over again I would have bought a 1000… I mean the 750 is serious and has a ton more torque than a 600… but I LOVE the torque of a 1000, but the insurance is out of line with a 1000cc bike.

Well its not a promotion its just how Suzuki’s financing is. Like I said right now I do not have full coverage on my bike, its $830 / year to have comp and liability so if it gets stolen I will get money for it. Without comp it was only like $230 / year. Full coverage through progressive was something like $2300 / year for me. Im going to be 21 on the 19th of this month so im not old or anything. I called state farm, we have the house ins. through them and they said to switch a car over and I can get full coverage for $650 / year. I am going to switch to that ASAP… proably the beginning of July thats how far I paid my progressive up too.

i was planning on getting a 2001-2003 gixxer 600. High 10 sec 1/4 mile sounds fast enough for me :hs:

i dont think they are That fast

sorry to say but those sixxers arent that fast. i raced one and smoked his ass up to the point i over revved third and he only got me by 3mph

spoken like a true SQUID. one inlines dont have that much torque they got hp. a TL1000R is suzuki’s V twin. and you dont buy these bikes for all the power all the time. some ppl like how different models handle. the six hundreds adn the liter bikes today are real close in weight. a good rider can smoke a liter bike in the twisties.