Automotive Ignorance, From a Midas Tech.

So… dealing with a ticket in West Seneca today I happen to run into some interesting characters at the court house. Luckily to some relief I happen to see another, (maybe the only other) competent human-being in the court house, Gary (Devioustsi). We get to talking about our cars and how they are coming along, then the guy (wearing his Midas shirt) behind us buts in…
Midas Guy: “You guys wanna know how to make your Honda’s fast… junk em and buy some Real American Muscle.”

At this point Gary and I both look at each other and think the same thing…

Gary: “What do you drive?”

Midas Guy: " I got ah 68 Olds with 968FtLbs of TQ. It runs 9’s in the 1/4 "

Me: “Really??.. At what MPH?”

Midas Guy: “113 MPH”

Then Gary and I both look at each other thinking :bsflag: at witch point Gary tells him the MPH his car does…

Midas Guy: “You guys don’t know American muscle, you can build a motor for 3 things, Low End, Mid-Range, or Top End. I built my motor for top end, I had it going 216MPH down Bullis road. Then I had it going 186MPH down Harlem Rd having the cops chase me 40mi, but they couldn’t see a plate at 186MPH so I was gone.”

Now we are both thinking what a retard, but lets see how far he will go. We start talking about something on Gary’s car again, then Midas guy jumps in again…

Midas Guy: “I also had a Toyota pick-up with that 22RE Motor. I put a Philsome turbo on it and ran 14 pounds of lift, it had about 400hp.”

At this point I turned around because I could not refrain from laughing. Although Gary was doing an excellent job of keeping a straight face. We continue to let his stupidity entertain us…

Me: “So what motor is in your car?”

Midas Guy: “400 BigBlock with a 6-71 blower on it”

Gary: “How much boost are you running?”

Midas Guy: “…” “On the Toyota?”

Gary: “On your car, what about 11Lbs?”

Midas Guy: “… Oh yeah like about 11Lbs, but I am only running 9.5:1 compression and need to bring it up so I can run more boost.”

Now Gary and I get to talking about our cars again ignoring him for a while, but he chimes in again rambling about more BS stories.

Midas Guy: “I also used to have a Chevette, I put it on a S-10 frame, put a 350 in it, put the TH350 tranny and the 4 on the floor…”
He then continues to describe the vehicle but I am laughing so hard inside at the last thing he said I didn’t hear the rest.

So at this point Gary and I start having our own conversation about why we are both there, and Midas guy chimes in again…

Midas Guy: “I got a speeding ticket, I was testing a customer car and had to get it up t 80MPH and decelerate 27MPH quickly to set up the AF Sensor.”

Me: “What kind of car was this?”

Midas Guy: “Some Honda or something. It has an extra sensitive sensor to measure Air/Fuel instead of an O2.”

Me: (Sarcasticly) “Factory wideband?”

Midas Guy: “…”

Gary then shoots that down, and we continue on. This went on for about 2 hours and there were way more stupid things said that Gary may remember, but it did keep us entertained for a bit none the less.

lol, good story!!

:clap:

Wow…He wanted to feel accepted

sounds like a perfect Midas commercial to me

[quote=“01AudiS4"”]

Oh yeah like about 11Lbs, but I am only running 9.5:1 compression and need to bring it up so I can run more boost."

[/quote]

thats fuckin great .:rofl:

Siqqqq, I need to get him to work on my subie. The lift has been losing quite a few pounds lately.

Good story.How did said tickets turn out…

and here i wanted to get a lifetime alignment on the teg tomorrow from there.

Goin to firestone instead

I wonder if he is friends with the Grand Am driver who used to work the night shift at the EA Tim Hortons. That guy could tell one hell of a story. I had the displeasure of working with him at another job. He was always taking days off because all of the neons in his car would short out.

God I’m soo glad I decided to skip that court date and let gary go it alone. That guy blows/

it wasnt sammy van halen was it lol

You guys should have bs’d him right back…

Trust the Midas touch

you shouldve just gave him a hug. he so wanted to be loved.

I would have stabbed him in the heart…with a trident.

9’s in the 1/4 at 113mph hahahaha.

:lol: factory wideband!

meh, he said “or something” and theres plenty of cars that come with factory widebands

lol i run into ppl like this all of the time