b18a/b into eg hatch

im going to be starting a new project here planning on putting an ls into a eg hatch. anyone ever do this swap. if so things i should look out for? another thing the hatch is an auto and obviously part of the swap will be a 5 speed. would i use d series parts to convert it or b series since that is the motor i will be putting in it. any input would be great. thanks

The B18* into EG links I have on honda tech are on my machine at work. I’ll post them later unless someone else gets to it first.

if the hatch was a 5 speed it would bolt/plug right in

if being an auto is going to be more of a task

I should have every part you need to do the swap here at the shop. let me know what you need

thats what im afraid of its going to be basically 2 swap, swapping to an auto then the ls swap, fmf i was going to come to you later down the roads caz later i down the road i plan on boosting it and by reading threads on here it seems like your the one to go to. gearhead i will definitley let you know what i need planning on picking up the car this weekend. thanks for the input its all greatly appreciated.

The pedal set from either a d or b should bolt up & work fine.

swap threads:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/983454
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/878010

LS-VTEC build related thread (good if you’re tearing into it, much good advice in there)
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1676914

any eg or ek pedals work as well… those should be the easiest to find in a junk yard if you dont want mine.

when the time comes I’ll help you out!

jackdup thanks for the threads, very helpful. bought a b18b tonight compression test shows no lower than 185 on all cylinders so motor is healthy. gearhead ill let you know exactly what i need ill be getting the car this weekend thanks to jeff. thanks everyone :bigthumb:

got the car it has a d15by bought a b18b for it. am i going to have any wiring problems? what harness whould i use? will i need an adapter? I will be using a p75 ecu from an integra. any input would be great.

Depends on what year the swap came from.

92-95 EG & Del Sol with a 94-2000 Integra LS B18B Engine.

let me know if i can help ya out anymore. joes a good one to pester about things (fmfkid) when it comes to boost.

if anything he can show you how to blow them up :burnout:

let us know if you need anymore help

decided to hold off on the b18 swap (ran out of money) so i picked up a d16y7 with manual tranny. swap is going good except for one thing. top tranny mount bracket on my car is slanted up because the auto was so beefy. looked at my friend eg and his frame wall bracket is straight. did some research and i think i found what i neededhttp://www.hamotorsportsusa.com/in92ciattomt.html im not sure though if this is right also i dont want to spend the money unless i have to. anyone got any input. thanks

Unless you can cut and weld a new mount, the ONLY option is to buy the HASport/Innovative EG/DC auto-to-manual mount. Pricey but it’s your only option.

You need to go to a junk yard and find a manual car, measure the mounts location in relation to the subframe, drill out the spotwelds and take the mount off the subframe.
Then drill out the welds on the mount on your car and just weld in the new mount.
I’m sure you can handle the drilling, and if you don’t have a welder, find someone local that does.

Shouldn’t cost you but a couple bucks or some beer to have it welded

I k now someone that jammed a manual in a EG that was auto… that was halarious taking that motor out.

or just wait till you have a lil more cash and just finish your project ull regret the dirty d

i know its just for the time being but even if i throw the b in im going to have the same problem that i do now. im a pretty shitty welder so i went ahead and bought the innovative auto to manual mount pricey but oh well. thanks guys.

dude it takes 30 minutes to drill out some welds…i can point you in the direction of 7 hatchs in a junk yard that you could get the mount out of…of even buy one from honda , i think when i did my first hatch 4 years ago it cost me 70 bucks for a new “mount bracket”