Bailout...REJECTED!

And the down dives nearly 800 points.

As much as it sucks for the market today, people need to know that inflating the current bubble further won’t “fix” anything. Passing the bailout will just delay the inevitable correction.

We need to take our licks and move on with life.

people need to take personal responsibility.

stop buying shit you cant affod

then we wouldn’t have credit cards!

Probably the only time I will agree with you.

Here’s my bail out plan: why help corporate assholes…just print Monopoly money (USD) for the following situation:

1. 700 Billion divided evenly amongst the 18 yr. old + population = > 150000 per person.
  2. The Gov’t gets to tax that windfall at full rates.
  3. That’s enough to make most mortgage problems disappear and the gov’t gets enough to play with.
  4. Those that squander it in a blaze of glory are morons that get no further help and deserve to live in squaller.

'nuff said.

Yeah I got something similar in an email from a buddy…

I’m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I’m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in

a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let’s assume there are 200,000,000

bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman

and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up…

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a

We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax-free.

So let’s assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000, 000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it’ll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent’s medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks

who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company

that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we’re going to re-distribute wealth let’s really do it…instead of trickling out

a puny $1000.00 ( ‘vote buy’ ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we’re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let’s bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here’s my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn’t.

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because
$25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

that would be f’n awesome. Im sure there would be some type of downfall, but who cares.

:rofl: No wonder people take out loans they can’t afford!

$425,000 :reloading = $425 :rofl:

Giving a bunch of money like that to everyone 18+ would destroy what’s left of the economy. Everyone suddenly has all this money, so what’s going to happen? Everyone’s going to raise their prices because they figure people can afford it. That means that the value of a dollar would plummet resulting in a major economic collapse. The solution here is actually quite simple. Keep the government out of it. They fuck up everything they touch due to differing views and special interests. The government is is not supposed to be involved in a free enterprise system. They should stay out and let corporate darwinism run its course.

Dont know this noob but he is right on the money.

x3

last time the government gave everyone some money, (economic stimulus) businesses had sales going on just for the occasion.

Stock market is bouncing back up today.

Bush is trying to push this thing with his short time to go. Claiming in-activity of a bailout is worse then a small bailout.

My 2 cents, any plan that cost taxpayer’s money, will not get passed. Everyone wants the market back up where it should be, and they want it in a day’s time. As people begin to trust the market again, they’ll put their money back in, and it’ll go backup.

But making a bill that will impact the US for years to come, and trying to push it past Congress in a couple days, isn’t gonna work.

Hopefully the news/newspapers today will report that the markets are rising, and that our “in-activity” with this bill didn’t backrupt our economy, as the politicians had speculated.

But I thought they were supposed to run our health care. :wink:

Right outcome, wrong cause-effect.

Printing the money would destroy the value of the dollar. Increased demand would force prices upward. Companies don’t jack up prices because people can afford it. People buying drives prices upward.

I know it seems minor, but people in this country have no clue when it comes to economics because our education system purposely deceives us on this topic. Inflation isn’t rising prices, inflation is dilution of buying power through increases in the money supply.

Rising prices is a symptom of inflation, it is not the cause.

Yeah, I know. I was just organizing my thoughts wrong. I’m a Chemical Engineer, not an economist. Blackbelt (my old man) is better at this kinda stuff.

I heard that there was a clause in there that stated something like:

If you are low income and have purchased a home, the bank cannot foreclose on you for non-payment.

Not sure of the exact verbage.

Horseshit.