Ban on 50-85cc bikes. sorry kids

Anyone see that gov. put a ban on 50-85cc bikes and atv? Lead content! Come on… how many races did you ever see where a 13 year old kid was munching on the frame of his XR80?

This will kill alot of bussiness and shut down alot of tracks. There is sooooo much bad that comes out of this, it is unbelievable.

Now, I see that NY is looking to pass something against any aftermarket exhaust on bikes too.

Way to take even more money from the economy fucking douche bags.

economy just keeps getting worse and worse

http://forums.dirtrider.com/70/7470408/general-discussion/bike-ban/page4.html

Srsly?

That’s one step too far…

I remb when i was like 13 I had one of those 49cc moped and THAT was illegal, the fuckin cops would chase us.

This is fuckin bullshit! I was gonna buy a 50/70 Suzuki to put around on like an idiot. I go to their site…and BAM, discontinued! I cant believe that they can get away with banning shit like that. How the fuck is a kid gonna chew on a dirtbike? If hes that retarded to begin with, maybe he needs the lead poisoning!

i wonder if the 110 class bikes will survive? 50s are fun to ride, but a kawi 110 is even more fun.

Yeah, for some reason those are still for sale…even some 85cc’s are…

Fuckin politicians:Idiots

wait for the leaded fuel ban… wait for it.

Ill fuck shit up!

i guess canada outlawed the sale of leaded fuel… not sure which providence, maybe ontario?

Just build one. I think you can still get aftermarket parts for em on websites like fast50.com

i have a 110 and i love it. you can still buy used bikes just nothing new. my buddy just picked up an 06’ 110 with a 138 kit for $1500 it’s mint the guys kid didn’t want it…it was to fast he said!

Yeah i supose i could. Im lookin for somethin on the cheap though i think…

suzuki only has 110 and bigger unless your talking about the jr50 which is smaller then a crf50. i think you meant to say honda crf 50/70. you can still get parts all over from chronic50’s.com sik110’s.com and fasterminis.com also.

50’s are the cheapest mini’s to buy/build. if your looking to jump it i would get a
dr-z/klx110.

its only for a little while ,the japs were usin lead based pint on the frames and bars …should kids be likin frames and shit no do they yeah !!!my oldest son had lead poisoning at a young age thankfully the doc found it and we were able to treat it but he is still not right he cant talk well and shit it fucked his little ass up bad and he may have to deal wit it for life who knows …do i like the ban no but suttin needed to get done …there is nothin worse than watchin your kid be sick and not be able to do anything

Yes we can!

wut???

Isnt that Obama’s quote. LOL the first thing that poped in my head was “Yes you can” lol Unadilla’s quote.

88, I am sorry to hear that about Jr. wish him the best. It does suck when people get sick from something and there isnt much to do about it. I am not down playing your son, but it is going to be a sad year for alot of people. Little kids are going to be so bummed, not being able to putt around the track with their big brother/sister or mom and dad. What about the little kids that have pictured of a rmz80 that their parents promised them this year in their school trapper keepers. I know it would crush me if I were in their shoes. “Sorry son, we cant buy that for you, becasue goverenment said no.” At such an impresionable period in that little kids life, he will hate goverenment… maybe even grow up to kill a president… that shit happens you know. that is soo far feteched but the real impact is coming in a few months. I used to love to go to the tracks and see the little ones ride. I helped pick thier little asses off the ground and push them up the hill. Watch a little one ride, and look at the happyness on their face when they take the helmet off and they pick the dirt out of their mouth. They dont have a care in the world, and dump their heart into 3-4 laps out their. Alot of the older kids take it for granted and are complete little dicks out there.

Anyone go to the Royal races night races? their are 2 fold the number of little kids out their as there are any other class, and those kids get to race 2 classes a night some of them. Thats 60$ a pop, lost. Not to mention the gate fee, for the parents, family, little school friends that want to watch their little buddy race. I cant tell you the last time I went to a race and there wasnt a full parking lot, this year I bet it will be much different… thats if Royal doent say fuck it and pull out.

The thing I dont get, isnt their a simple solution? I dont know, maybe CLEAR COAT? Clear coat the frames, bars and what not with a safe clear coat. I am no scientist, but I assume that will not allow direct lead contact to the body?!