Need a little help

Ok, im going to be buying a bike soon, its going to be a GSXR, not sure what cc, but i would really like a 1000. Im pretty new to bikes and saw a sick ass exhaust on someones bike but cant find it for sale anywhere. It looks like this, but i want the FULL exhaust, not the slip-on. Any advice/opinions? Thanks guys…

it’s just a funnel from I can tell, there’s no muffler.
it’s gonna be stupid loud, and on a liter(!) gsxr(!!!) its gonna be a cop magnet even when you’re idling.
when you say you’re new to bikes, does that mean this is gonna be your first?

First one ive owned yes, not the 1st ive riden. I know its gonna be loud as hell but i love the look/sound…Whats nice with the 07/08 is you have 3 levels the bike can be set at essentially, 600, 750&1000. I really dont want to buy 2 bikes, ill grow into this one and be smart about it.

like I said, better pony up for tickets then.
oh, and this shit will never pass inspection.

Whats nice with the 07/08 is you have 3 levels the bike can be set at essentially, 600, 750&1000. I really dont want to buy 2 bikes, ill grow into this one and be smart about it.

it’s not exactly the same thing. you don’t magically change the number of cc in the motor, any mode you set it will still be more powerful than a 600.
my opinion - the money you think you’re gonna save not buying a smaller bike first will be nothing compared to the insurance on that puppy.
and that’s assuming you’ll ride it without incident.
but hey, it’s your money and your life.

Ya think insurance is gonna be that much more for a litre bike?? Like i said idk, never really priced anything out, i have a couple of weeks before im back on mu feet anyways. But i was really considering buying my buddies 06 Gsxr 600. Just worried its not gonna be enough, im 205-210lbs so im not a small dude. Oh, i wont be able to get an inspection with that pipe?? Damnit lol

lol, not gonna be enough?
it’s a 440lb (wet) machine that puts out 140hp at the wheel, how much do you think an extra 200 pounds (that it’s designed to carry) gonna affect it?
what bikes did you ride before?
and yeah, no muffler - def no inspection.
as far as insurance - anything above 600 will be high, but liters are even worse.
make some calls, get some quotes.

I think his is 379 or less(dry), which makes the power to weight that much better lmao. I would think it should go good, if not put the spray to it ;D
That sucks about the inspection. Is there any sticker slappers in the bike scene, or do they have to hook it up to something?

Ive ridin an 06 R6 and a 06 GSXR600. Thats about it.

dunno, I still need to get mine inspected.
but than again, my bike is whisper quiet compared to what a liter without a muffler will sound like :slight_smile:

don’t tell me they felt underpowered because of your weight, cuz that will seriously be the joke of the day.

This is true, i saw it on the custom streched orange gixer at the lot last weekend and on this kid tonys 1000 at the valley weds, looks fuckin crazy, but idk if it would be worth the tickets, i just personally dont like the fart can look lol. Would i loose any power with the cone ya think?? Idk how much backpressure a bike needs.

Nah i didnt say they were underpowered, ive heard alot of people say that typically bigger guys ride the 750-1000’s to pull our fat asses around lol. 600’s are pretty fuckin quick, it surprised the hell outta me the 1st time i rode one.

without remapping - yeah, I’m not sure if it would even be rideable.

Nah i didnt say they were underpowered, ive heard alot of people say that typically bigger guys ride the 750-1000’s to pull our fat asses around lol. 600’s are pretty fuckin quick, it surprised the hell outta me the 1st time i rode one.

it’s dumbass urban legend, most people don’t a have clue about how much power most bikes actually have.
if you’re not to fat to actually climb on a bike and stay on it, it will def have enough power to move you and then some, goes for any bike.

Yea, i was just kiddin im not a fat fuck, just a big build i guess you would say. I may just pick up the 600 and mod that some, its 6K and is mint!

if you get a chance go test-ride some smaller bikes before you put the money down, just to get some perspective.
also try different motor types, like different twins or a triple, they generally have more torque than i4s.
you might decide you want something different, you never know.

F.Y.I.

the senate is trying to pass a bill for the 09 season. basically . there going to charge u per c.c on sport bike’s.

@ 2$ per cc for anything 600cc and over. so if it goes thru u will be paying 2000 dollars to register ur litre bike. just sumthing to think about. there is a ppost and a link over on ride ny about this.

as a bigger fellow i do believe the 600cc bikes r slow for my weight. :nod
but i all so have years of experience riding to, and that may be part of it. just my .02 cents

Yea i looked at some Buells and such. Im not one for a full dresser harley though lol.

Yea, i dont think you weight too much more than i do. I cant believe that Ny is doing that!!! WTF, oh wait…its ny yea i can. Bunch of assholes.

lol, nah man, forget that shit.
I’m talking about sv650 (90deg twin), ninja 650 (parallel twin) and any triumph triple (like daytona)

Ah ok lol, i looked at some of those, dont care for the looks so much. Maybe i would love the ride though who knows. Might be a dick and get a busa. ;D Youll def see me in the obituaries!