Bike recommendations

I got my sweet job full-time doing upholstery with a sweet salary. After checking out a friend of a friends bike im craving one.

Im 5’6 125lbs, plenty of professional racing experience and will adapt to the diffrences from 4 to 2 wheels well im sure. I dont plan on riding it 24/7 im keeping my SR insured all throughout summer and im willing to spend up to 4500 reasonably…maybe more. Ive been advised to start out with somthing like a 96’ Ninja 400 from a buddy like so http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2004/2004-suz-g6-04-1.jpg

Id only like a sporty looking bike style like so and id preffere it being capable of a holding a second person if its advisable to be doubling anyone at my weight…i was good doubling on bmx bikes. Its also got to have a little bit of go power to keep off tails if you know what i mean :wink:

What should i shop around for or be advised about…ive never even rode one of these bikes.

I’ve done a little research on sport bikes and a great beginner-intermediate bike is the Honda CBR series of bikes. They’re rock solid and give you a stable ride. Gixxers are also good bikes for intermediate- advanced riders. The GSX received top bike awards year after year. My personal favourite though is the Yamaha R1 (but it should be reserved for advanced riders only).

**The picture you posted is a GSX, not a Kawasaki Ninja.

I’d advise a late 90’s CBR600. Reason being anything with less cc’s you’ll get used to fast and want to replace.
If you’re willing to spend more I have a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636 I might be selling :).
Take your time to learn to ride safely and highly suggest taking a motorcycle course.

if youve never riden a motorcycle before, then a honda F4i or yamaha yzf600 are good starting bikes.

if i were you id price out insurance first before you buy a bike.

Yamaha R6!!! bike is soooo nice and you can find one fairly cheap if you look in the states for one.

R6 is a bit more then a beginer bike…

gsxr1000 is nice to learn on

Don’t be like that retard, wear a helmet.

gsxr1000 is nice if you dont want to live another year.

start off wiht a nice nijna or a gixer

sv 650 or or ninga 500. both are light, resonable quick and inexpensive.

if you feel adventurous and think you can handle it, i have a suzuki TL1000S for
sale. yosh full racing pipe w/titanium mufflers(very light), power commander ecu
and lots of extras. never dropped or raced. bought it new in 2000 as a 99
model. only has 11000km in 7yrs!! just don’t have time for it. will post a price if
interested.

Disclaimer: this is alot of bike. very loud and very fast.

peace

gixer 750 the king of crotch rockets!

dude seriously, just start out with a 600. Anything bigger than that and its way over kill man. Get some good road riding experience with a 600 before u go any bigger.

Whatever you do, take the bike coarse.

Not only do they teach you how to ride and all that, but they do emergency manouvers with you and beat them into your skull. Then when you are in a situation, your instinct takes over. I am living proof of that. I was riding with a more experienced friend and went into a corner too hot. I started getting into trouble, then the bike course kicked in and I threw the bike down farther with the technique they taught me and escaped danger unscathed.

Best $340 I ever spent.

And remember, the throttle goes 2 ways… not only one.

Thanks a tonne guys! lots of very nyce bikes…ill be looking into them further and try to make a choice. Ill deffinatly get involved in a bike course.

When checking out a bike for sale what are things to look for that would differ from a car?

repaints
bent/broken levers, pegs and foot rests
bent/leaky front forks

thats a start

check tire wear… if its been used all the way to the edge more chances then not its been riden hard. also check for the frame if its been polished. most bikes that have a polished frame has been down and polishing it is a good way of hiding damage done to the frame.

Honestly, the GSXR600 is not bad at all. I raced one and we were pretty much even. All i have is a stock SR with exhaust. I’d say if you want something that feels like an SR, get the GSXR600.

Devin stop being a pussy, my little sister drives a gsxr600 :slight_smile:

Pshh(bov noise)…You are what you eat…and your sister will be on the back of my tremcladd 2tonne gsxr600 soon enough. (i hate tremclad)