First Bike suggestions

Well not just me but I’m sure there are plenty of other people without bikes that would be interested in a bike. I’ve always wanted a sport bike but I know the insurance for an 18yr old will be killer. Any suggestion on a first bike?

08 Ninja 250

Many many times. Here’s a synopsis…

1. I like the GS500. Can be had fairly cheap used. Don’t buy a new one. Get one without extensive fairing.
  2. Many like the Suzuki 600 Bandit.
  3. All out sportbike is not recommended.
  4. Honda CBR 600 F2/F3 is a great choice if all the maintenance was done.

suzki sv 650 or an old honda nighthawk 450

Oh, yeah. Forgot about those…good choices too!

just saw an 05 ninja two-fiddy for $1500 on craigslist. Already rashes a little for you too.

xr 50

Height / Weight / Experience?

experience= none besides a minibike and bycycle… (so none)

height= 5’10’’
weight= 145ish

see my first post

yamaha dt50

x2 see his first post

You will fit well on a 250 and won’t be too heavy for it. Plus they are inexpensive. See the other thread.

i’ll take a look

thanks everyone!

depends on how you spend…i bought a 600 for a reason…i would hate a 250 after 2 days…and it doesn’t make sense to me to buy something that i will want to get rid of in a months worth of time…have you ever ridden a bike before? dirtbike or quad? something that shifts like a bike? and all of my vehicles are titled and insured in my mums name…shits cheaper so i really can’t give you a round about on insurance

yea I’ve been on an quad before. i was also thinking the same about the 250. Most likely I’d talk my parents into it being registered in their name…

What do you do for money again???

1000RR :blue:

If it makes you feel any better…i had NEVER ridden a bike/dirtbike/quad in my life before…ever…never ever ever…got on my cbr just to test it out and see how much i liked it…and did just fine…sure there are things i had to work on like finding neutral and downshifting at the right point as to not fish tail…but thats all in due time…

moped

Much like buying a car, you have to decide what it is you most want out of the bike. Go 100 MPH in first gear? Look cool? Sound cool from 3 miles away? Fuel economy? The freedom of being on 2 wheels?

There are many factors to consider. If you are looking for a commuter bike, the 250 Ninja is probably the way to go. The pre-08 models are reported to get 60-70 MPG. The 08 model has been restyled and looks awesome. Many people say you will be “bored” and “want something else in a few weeks”. I have talked to probably 15 Ninja 250 owners in the last 3 months, and they all say that the Ninja 250 is their most ridden bike. Good on gas and handles better than anything, easy to maintain, easy to insure, inexpensive on everything and the list goes on and on. Definitely a good bike for the beginner and the experienced. This comes from people that also own Harleys, BMWs, and the fastest crotch rockets. I have had about 5 people that could tell that I was skeptical of such a “little” bike, offer to let me ride their 250s when the weather gets better.

I suppose that people have to decide why they want to ride and then pick accordingly.