Novice Bike: Ninja 250R - input/comments

My search revealed that some members are owners of the 08 Ninja 250R. Just wanted to find out how do you guys/gals like the bike so far. I am 5’-8" at around 130lbs, planning on getting my license in April (if schedule allows) and had never owned a bike before. I don’t plan on doing any hardcore riding or tracking, but more for the experience of riding it.

Thanks for your input.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4912/kawasakininja250rau2.jpg

That thing looks fucking DANK for a beginner bike.

Do it.

/thread

I’m your height +20lbs, been riding an 03 for a couple seasons and will still be riding it this coming one. It’s a good bike, forgiving compared to anything bigger and very fun because it’s light and skinny tires allow faster maneuvering. I wouldn’t bother with the 08 though unless you got money burning a hole in your pocket or you plan on keeping it for 3+ years. If looks concern you, most people didn’t know my 03 ninja from any other supersport.

a ninja 250 is a sick bike if your a novice chick! if not wow idk…buy a 600 and becareful. if you respect the bike and know how NOT to twist the throttle to hard then you will be fine, and not look like an idiot on a moped w/ fairings.

fuck the bike ill ride the chick

I somewhat agree. I would never bother buying anything less than a 600. But i also have experience riding dirt bikes all my life so i know the logistics. For someone just learning to ride 2 wheels it might be a good idea.

Lol, yeah, much better to ride a 600 like a grandma thinking you’re billy-badass. To each his own I guess.

600 bad ass??? haha No, yah i grew up on dirtbikes myself since i was 3, raced moto x in district 34, did the stunt thing etc so i guess im not the best person to ask about the ninja moped. I would buy one for my girl, but as for a normal size dude riding one hahahahahahhaahhahahahah

Persuasive argument if I ever saw one. Next!

here we go, mr do gooder, novice, squid whos really getting his feelings hurt b/c he rides a girl bike… stf up and have fun w/ your glorified moped. ahahah actually they make scooters that would dog your bike!!hahahahah

p.s- it is a great bike for a 110lb. girl!

:popc:

you mean i have ALOT more knowledge and experience w/ bikes and cars. like i said in the above post, i have been on a bike since i was 3 and have 100’s of races and other ama sanctioned events under my belt, do you???

ya cant hate the kid for his oppinion tony ,i understand what ya mean ,but vlad and others are like him when it comes to noobs on bikes,they look at it like this…its better to go fast on a small bike then go slow on a fast one

want a cookie ,king ding a ling:lol

haah 80 isnt fast! lol

Id say an older 600 would be a good biginners bike. Not a 250. Just my opinion though.

Watch out for my Turbo1000 this spring…

i know that but to noobs it is look at trav he wrecked a nice bike that was faster than he needed,thats all

:Idiots

Wow someone beat me to this post. I’ll sit back and watch now since everyone knows I share the same opinion as C6 guy.