First bike ninja 250r

just got my first bike from a friend 2006 250r ninja have not had a chance to ride yet any one have any thing to say about them?

Fantastic bikes.

Oleg on here has one.

Rocketpunch used to have one, went to a few track days on it, learned how to ride and moved on.

I learned how to ride on a 2008 250R. Not a fast bike by any means but you will learn the basics of riding and be able to power through corners because of how small/light the bike is.

Great beginers bike.

think ill be able to past cars on the road and stuff?

My buddy had an older one that topped out at like 85 :lol

i checked the stop speed gos like 110 but hoping to do shit to it probably get it up to like 120 or 130 but i don’t know.

Mine is naked and with aftermarket digital speedo it only goes to about 85-90, stock speedo is a little optimistic. You’ll pass cars fine on roads, but highway can get dicey. Don’t bother fiddling with the motor on it, it goes about as fast as it ever will unless you drop a few grand to really modify it. That’s a few grand better spent on a bigger bike. Just ride it the way it is and buy something else later, unless it’s modded or crashed you’ll sell it for what you bought it.

i mean i was going to get small things like k and n and like exhaust

Yea these bike hold their value very well. When your ready just get a bigger bike.

It’s a 14 second bike, about as fast as new Si Civics, who the owners consider race car fast.

So no slow dogs.

^ :lol at race car fast

well think i could do some wheelies lol.

Used to own a 04, personally I love it as a learn bike and a commuter not to mention for the price I got. Insurance is cheap and I often clock around 240 miles on a tank of fuel. I liked it so much I actually would like to get another one (may be much cheaper) as a pure commuter for the summer. Take it to the track and you will have a lot of fun on that bike, just remove the center stand and the kick stand if you can when you take it to the track…

Bike should have enough power, unless you are like 300 lbs.

The only advice I have for you is the stock tires are bit iffy, and you will be amazed how a set of Pirelli Sport Demon will transform the bike. With a 130 rear vs the 120 stock you will also loose bit of trail for sharper turn in.

Enjoy the bike! :clap

P.S. Wear gear!

have fun…ive never rode one before. I started on a 500…both great starter bikes

Sign for MSF and read the stickies in the Moto section.

wow i was supose to get it from the lady today had the money out of the bank and every thing she sold it on me today wow.

oh that blowsss

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/1686909601.html?

yea i know any one know some one with a bike for sale ha

What is your budget?