First Bike suggestions

Honda ruckus!!!

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/honda/2007/24214_0_1_2_ruckus_Image%20credits%20-%20Honda.jpg

If you like the perfomance of an early 90’s Ford Probe then a Ninja 250 is for you… they run about the same.

Bikes are more than about speed in a strait line. This kid has no experience on TWO WHEELS. Shifting is not the issue when riding, its leanring what to do when you are missing two wheels and the contact on the ground is used to keep the bike upright and stop, or stay in a lane at speed.

There are more and more idiots buying bigger bikes “because they want to look cool” and have no clue what they are doing. I scrape those people off the road multiple times a year.

Since he is small it is best to learn how to ride first on something smaller and get used to the weight and actual riding. Then move up from there. If he gets a 250 he’ll have no issues selling for mininimal monetary loss when he is ready to move up. If he was over 200 lbs I would tell him something like a older 600 but he is not.

x2. if more ppl would quit thinking they are better than they are, there would be alot less accidents. i think kawi stepped up by offering an updated look for the ninja 250. now hopefully more ppl will consider it, since it looks cool and can still learn on a bike made for a beginner. like SNS said, its not all about straight line power. ppl with that attitude are likely the ones to get hurt. a 250 will be fun for someone who doesnt have a good grasp of what they are doing, plus resale is great. itll save money on insurance, get good mpg etc. its not like this dude is gonna be laying this thing over and draggin his knee in a turn, then grabbin a handful throttle up to 150mph+

When u decide what to get sign up for the motorcycle safety course it will help alot from what I understand

www.pamsp.com

ya. and depending on who you have for insurance, they give you a discount. i think mine is 10% (geico)

AFTER you get your permit…that 10 dollars you pay for the permit pretty much goes towards this…take the course…upon completion you get your license

start mine may 12th

so permit…

course…

license from course?

yes

go get your permit now so you are reddy when you find a bike

here is what you need

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/slowmaro/chadnormalstunt.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/slowmaro/chad1stunt.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^ :rofl: :rofl: ^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was looking for that pic.

+1 on the 250. They hold their value well and if you were to dump it in the drive way or a parking lot it isn’t like you’re dropping a bike you just paid 7 grand for. The safety course is also a good idea and an easy way to get a license.

im a stunt’n mo fo

Honestly, get a old 600. Like a 89 hurricane or something to learn on, and see how much you really like riding. My buddy just did and got it for like 800, rode for a little then sold it for 800, and got a r1. You can snag one for under $1000. I learned on a 04 cbr 600rr, and after a while it just didn’t have enough straight line power for me so I moved up. DO NOT get a 1000 anything to learn on.

If your buying a bike for gas milage, get a scooter lol

x(insert pewters weight here)

:rofl:

I hear that insurance can depend on how old a bike is more than power… for example…

an older 1000 something can have less insurance then the 08 250 ninja…

:dunno:

Correct. But a newer 1k = rape on insurance. I personally wouldn’t get a 250, unless its old/cheap. Just snag the oldest cheapest bike thats safe to ride. As in, decent tires, brakes bla bla bla. Learn on it, go from there to a 6 or a 750, or even a 1k if your responsible enough.

I haven’t priced the insurance lately, but it used to go by engine size. The smaller the engine size would = cheaper insurance. With the advent of credit to everyone and affordable bikes, it could be, depending on the insurance company, more expensive to insure a 600 than a 1000.

Cruisers are less (or should be) expensive than crotch rockets. never mention jet kit when talking to insurance agent!