Beck Specific: Recommend me a bike.

After a long thought process, I’ve decided to get a bike. Yes. That’s right, a sport bike.

Now, as we all know… I’m not a big kid. 5’11", maybe 140 lbs.

I don’t want anything bigger than a 750. For power reasons, first bike, and insurance.

I am thinking 600 :slight_smile:

I want something newer than a 02. But if something late 90’s comes up, and its super nice… I’d buy it.

I really like Willybeen’s, and Shrives’ 636’s.

But I also LOVE LOVE LOVE 87fox’s GSXR.

I am also a Honda Boy. So I like CBR’s.

And Twizted’s R6, was nice…as are a few more, I have seen.

I think I would really prefer a GSXR though.

Idk. You guys would know better than me, and you guys personally know me.

I am not looking to stunt the bike, or do any huge mods (besides pipe, and some cosmetic mods).

I figure if Willybeen, Eclipse_Girl, and Twizted can do it…I can.

:wink:

Show me whatcha got.

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/2c/7f/pr-Bikes-Huffy_Chopper_Bike-resized200.jpg

thats what i ride around on its amazing

GSXR 600. do it. You’ll be able to handle it. :wink:

ibreallybadadvice except from ColdAccord and walter

honestly i would look at cbr600f4i, I am in the same catagory i am like 2" taller and 20 lbs heavier and that is what I am looking at

What was ur old bike???

ZX6-E

This bike will have a japanese rising sun on it painted in pink and black.

so color doesn’t matter.

Beck have you ever ridden a bike before? If not all those “modern” high revving choices are retarded.

i’ve riden one, for like 2 minutes before.

i don’t want something super fast, and even if it is, im not going to be going fast.

i’m thinking 636.

im actually thinking about this one…

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/9a/7f/4d_3.JPG

i remember picking that up with you Downtown…and driving ther Teg back…the good ol days…my friend is selling his Ninja 250

That’s a good way to get yourself killed.

Get something tame for your first bike.
If you get something fast
Within a week of riding you will be doing alot of dumb shit.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Start on like a '78 Yamaha 750 or a '92 250-500cc Range. DEFINITELY nothing fuel injected.

fuck it, jump up to a liter bike.

06 R1

IN b4 5000 people tell you that youre going to kill yourself. :bloated:

Now that we have that out of the way. :wink:

Yeah. For you I definately would say find yourself a nice 600 thats a few years old and rock that. If you like my gix (and you should because the styling is so sexy that i know it gives you a raging boner) then go for it and get a gixxer sixxer.

But most definitely I would do the MSF course before you actually get the bike. Especially in your case. You are lighter :hay:and you will definitely need to get used to the weight of a bike and maneuvering it through slow turns and even holding it up right. lol. As light as the bikes are overall, if you are sloppy with it and sit on it and let it lean too much, the weight will sneak up on you and next thing you know you could be on your ass.

As for the “OMG get a 50cc for a year so you can learn and dont kill yourself” argument. I say :gtfo: to that. Get the bike that you want right from the get go. When I bought the 750 that i now have brand new back in 2002 i had zero riding experience. I never even rode a dirtbike. Everyone told me I was insane for buying such a fast bike for my first bike but I knew they were all :bloated:

If you can keep a level head and respect the machine, then you wont have any problems. There are alot of shitty drivers out there that wont even notice youre on the damn road half the time, so you will need to watch out for that. But I think you’re a smart enough guy to know your limitations and thats why i say go for the gixxer sixxer. I dont see you as being one of these tards trying to go out and do a wheelie or 150 mph in the thing the first week out. Take baby steps with it and you will be just fine.

For you I would recommend 00-03 gsxr 600. Of course white and blue is hot. But so is silver and black. And red and black. And black and yellow. :smiley: But also be patient, there is alot of beat shit out there. Dont buy something thats been dropped or scrapped up. Its not worth it. There will come along the right bike at the right time so just be patient and you can land yourself a nice whip for a pretty good price.

If you need any help then give me a holler. Ill be glad to help you out. I am always willing to give any hot chick a hand with getting a bike. I did it for eclipse girl, i can do it for you :wink: :smiley: haha

Good luck with it all :slight_smile: