WTB: crotch rocket

as the title states i want to buy a sport bike
preferably 2003 and newer
dont really care about the displacment or should i
not really bias to who makes it as well

so what are your thoughts and suggestions

Get an SV1000s or a 650…baller ass bikes

suzuki GSX-R 600 if its your 1st bike you can find em pretty inexpensive they run like raped apes and wheelie like a mofo on stock gear ratios.

Depending on your budget, I have a 2006 R1 I’m considering to trade back in to the dealership so I can get a garbage bike to take to the lots.

If a serious buyer came my way I’d consider an $8kish sale.

+1

LOL…don’t know about the wheelie part…but a good beginner bike.

yea thats what i think im heading towards, how do you guys feel about honda 600rr

great bikes… what did u say ur budget was like?

i have a decent amout of money to spend, i mean im not about to go buy a 07 r1 but i will spend a good chunk of change on a clean bike, and i think i actually migth actually keep it for awhile so lower miles is a plus i have a feelikng that i will be riding alot

get a 04 or newer 600. i prefer suzuki or kawasaki

If you are planning on getting into riding, and are a bigger guy…170lbs+ I would consider a 750cc or so. I had two GSXR-750’s and eventually got the GSXR-1000. Once you ride a big bike, 600’s and 750’'s seem like mopeds. If I were to do it all over again, the 750’s are a great beginner’s choice.

this is some of the worst advise i’ve seen for a new rider. If you have experience, then disregard.

It’s the worst advice to go with a 750 over a 600? How do you figure?

I own a cbr600rr and I love it. Great bike if you have riding experience.

as for my expirience, i have ridden dirt bikes since about 12 and raced some motor cross, ridden a few dual sports, some times my one friend let me take his out as well as a few sport bikes over the summer so
oh yea i weigh about 190 but i think a 600 should do it

ok first off if your calling it a “crotch rocket” your prolly going about buying a bike in the wrong way

If you have never owned a sportbike, i would suggest starting with no bigger than a 600cc. I have a zx636 and love it. Thats just my $.02

And for what ejsotsehp said :lol:

DO you ride a motorcycle? Ask this question on any Sportbike forum, and you will get bombarded with people telling you to start on something small, and there is a reason for it. Today’s 600ss bikes aren’t the 600s of 10 years ago. new 600s are as fast or faster than older liter bikes. Telling someone to start bigger based on his size is the wrong way to go about it.

Edit: Also, read this thread http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=357470#post357470 Its a long but good read with alot of useful information

i dont have much experience on a street bike but from a family of riders, I was told the same thing, no need to waste your money on a 600 seeing that I am a bigger guy and I would hate to have to sell my 600 to upgrade. If/when I get a bike, i will get a 1000. :flame suit is on:

fat guys on a little bike “600” will still run 10’s if they are good riders… liter bikes of today are amazing machines i plan on getting another one after i run a couple track days on my 600… when i started buying bikes i went 600 —> to another 600 (11.3 1/4 mile) ----> to a 954rr (10.5 1/4 mile)—> to a 636 (10.7 1/4 mile) DOO NOT TRY TO TELL ME 600’s are slow… or i will just call you ignorant… they lack torque true, but will get u killed in just as short of a time… and i am a MUCH better rider as a result of riding the 636… but it seems like you have a good idea of what you want

ALSO… how much money do u think the salesman makes when he sells a 7k bike vs a 12k bike? if a salesman tells you to buy a liter bike for ur first bike because you will out grow it… thats BS… i could ride my 636 every day of the year for eternity and i would always be the weakest link to my track times and the bikes abilities, dont believe me, try to run any seasoned rider on a road course with ur 1000 and his 600… and you will most likely get wiped, now… put a pro rider on a 50 hp bike and let him show you whats up on the track when you have 150+ “needed” hp between your legs on the track… be prepared to be embarrassed

/rant… just be smart regardless… buy gear and ride safe

:wstupid: