Recommend me a bike.

woke up today and thought i wanted a bike…with 2 wheels.

Honestly, I don’t know shit about sport bikes and up until today I swore that if I got one i would kill myself on it… not saying that’s not the case anymore.

I’m not looking for the fastest thing out their, but a good starter bike that’s comfortable. I’m not huge, but i’m not tiny. About 5’11" and 220 if that makes a difference.

size/brand/whatever recommendations?

im in the same boat and i’ve been thinking honda cbr600f4i. every bike fellow i talk to says it would be a good first bike. thats all i got/

Just stop by and buy mine … 07 cbr1000rr

I’ll disagree and say CBR’s are not good first bikes…good first bikes would be a suzuki GS500F or ninja 500, or even a Ninja 250, they’ve been redesigned and look great now

Ducati 1098S. Perfect starter for you:eekdance:

This is a very complicated and personal choice. I would recommend taking a day and going to various dealerships to sit on a couple and see what feels comfortable for you. After that make a decision as to what you want as far as looks and power/features. I wouldn’t go getting a litre bike for your first time on 2-wheels, but it’s your life…

:mamoru:

real advice: get a 600.

honda cbr 600 :tup: … they did just have a crazy sale on the 2008 cbr1000rr or 1100’s dont rember but it was like $4500 off

should be good for a first bike… you are a bigger guy and IMO a 500 or 250 is to small and you will sell it in weeks

Badnewsmini is listed a 600 you could start on.

I just woke up but I think I’m going to start a sticky about this LOL

:tup: to wanting a bike though, it’s a decision you’ll never regret

:cough:

An SV would be a perfect starter bike.

You can pick them up cheap, and it can be more bike than you’ll need, until you have fast desires to only go really fast in a straight line. :mamoru:

No need for a twitchy 4. You can get them all over the price spectrum depending on how new you want. They sound great with a slip on (for your ricer side).

theres a lot of consusion about certain bikes being bad starter bikes.

you dont need a 1000cc race rep. However…ANY 600 will do, get what you want that is comfortable and you think looks cool…dont ride like an asshole, you’ll be FINE.

dont spend the money on a shitty 250 or 500 that looks like a turd that youll want to get rid of after 2 weeks.

KC

i second the sv

Just do it. You’ll love it.

^hahaha

walter…thanks for the link… i never even looked for such a sticky.

05/06 636… w/ warranty…

do it.

Why the sudden change of heart?

just listen to me. SVs look like shit btw

midlife crisis… just got married on second lil one … :gotme:

:lol:

:picard:

He’s going to have a girl. Biker dads are more threatening?