Bank of America to firearm company: Your business is no longer welcome

I don’t know any firearms enthusiast that uses PayPal for anything gun related. Sadly, it is a bit more convenient than getting money orders, so often I gift to people I know/trust if I need to buy something and get it here in a timely manner, rather than wait to get money order, send it out, wait for them to get it, wait for them to deposit it, and wait for them to ship and then me receive.

There’s been a company or two that created a gun-friendly version of PayPal, but they went under fast due to shitty customer service and not giving people their money.

PayPal CAN do that because face it, there’s no other options like it. BoA on the otherhand, who is in a very competitive market (even though they are one of the leaders in it) with many other options, people can afford to switch accounts.

So BOA is the devil for having policies set against 2nd amendment and can go to hell but paypal is alright because it’s useful?

Other gun owners disagree

Dear Paypal,

I just found out about your policy of prohibiting the sales of constitutionally protect items (firearms) within your Paypal system – proving yourself to be yet one more entity unworthy of my business, time, attention and money. Should you change your policy, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, you’re in my rearview mirror permanently.

Please don’t bother sending excuses. I have no ear for people who make it that much harder to exercise the constitutional right to keep and bear arms, whatever their unAmerican sub-justifications may be.

Goodbye.

Sincerely,

Stand up for your rights and boycott them all!

Yup

Don’t know where I said to boycott BoA at all? Here’s the beauty of America: everyone is entitled to have an opinion and voice it. Just because someone, in this case a company, is against something I am for, doesn’t mean I’m going to boycott them. BoA has had shitty policies before this whole issue, and lost my business long ago for that. PayPal, owned by eBay, has shitty policies as well but they haven’t done me wrong in the past like BoA. Until they do so, I will continue to use their services.
Also don’t know where is said what other gun owners disagree/agree with as far as opinions are concerned.

there is so much little things in these posts to point out but its just not worth it… fuck it lol

boa sucks ass for doing that tho

SEFCU FTW.

I personally, avoid paypal at all costs. i drive by the post office at least every day so i chose money orders.

have i used paypal, yes, but i avoid doing so at all costs because of their believes on firearms. i say i use it less than 5 times a year. but its not rare for me to get money orders for stuff 5 times a week.

no reason at all people should be able to use paypal for shoes, underwear, tvs, cars, etc but i cant use it to buy a shotgun. fuck paypal.

If I have a nickle every time I heard a horror story either from the news or from people’s personal experience; I will have a lot of fucking nickles. :rofl

They exist to make money stealing from babies and get handouts when they got in into trouble.

I assume you all knew this as well:

Business
JPMorgan Chase Closes Vatican Bank Account

Posted on March 19, 2012 at 9:50pm by Becket Adams Print »Email »
Comments (168)JPMorgan Chase is shutting down the Vatican’s bank account with its Milan branch due to a “lack of transparency,” according to Reuters.

“The Vatican bank, also known as the Institute for Works of Religion (IOR), is having its account phased out and closed by March 30,” Business Insider’s Julia La Roche reports, “because it apparently ‘failed to provide sufficient information on money transfers.’”

Needless to say, this is a setback for the Holy See as it attempts to qualify for Europe’s “white list” of financial institutions that meet all international regulatory standards on money-laundering and tax fraud.

“Italy’s leading financial daily Il Sole 24 Ore reported at the weekend that JP Morgan Chase in Milan had told the IOR of the closing of its account in a letter on Feb. 15,” Philip Pullella and Lisa Jucca of Reuters report. “The letter said the IOR‘s account in Italy’s business capital would gradually be phased out starting on March 16 and closed on March 30.”

Two things should be noted: first, this isn’t the first time the Vatican has been suspected of engaging in financial fraud. Second, something should be said about the timing of the bank’s decision.

As to the first point: The Vatican’s finances have been under scrutiny for some time. Regulators are investigating €1.5 billion that passed through the Vatican’s Milan account. Investigators refer to this account as a “sweeping facility,” which means the account was emptied at the end of each day for an 18-months period and all funds were transferred to another IOR account in Germany, according to Il Sole 24 Ore.

EDIT…Link has been removed due to potential virus threat…Adam

Holy crap, no I wasn’t aware of that. lol

Jason, I pulled that link from your post because I clicked on it and was immediately spammed with potential virus crap. MSE locked it down on my PC