Sorry Jim.. The proposed federal AWB

S.150

Going through it now… Lots of BS.

Wants to ban:
ALL AK and AR variants among MANY other rifles we all own.

Interesting parts (among others):

‘‘(46) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

Wat? What in the fuck is someone supposed to hold on to? ANYTHING can function as a grip, even on the standard “monte carlo” stocks such as an SKS, most bolt actions, BARs, Mini-14s, etc…

Also it makes it so you cannot transfer grandfathered AW after 90 days of the enactment of the ban. Similar to NYS, although it looks like they can be passed down to heirs upon your death (I think). It does say it can not be sold, gifted, or loaned.

I’m sure by now anyone who’s read is like “fuck man, this sucks!”

But have no fear:

A proposed ban on sales of assault weapons would be defeated in the U.S. Senate today unless some members changed their current views, based on a Bloomberg review of recent lawmaker statements and interviews.

At least six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have recently expressed skepticism or outright opposition to a ban, the review found. That means Democrats wouldn’t have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote.

The senate still has to pass it. I highly doubt it will pass in its purest form if it does at all. If it does pass, I don’t give a fuck. I won’t buy anymore guns and there will still be mass shootings. It’s inevitable that something or a large portion of firearms will be banned. They can do whatever they want and Ill do what I want.

as i said in the past the un is after the guns. i posted this years ago.

it is public that un is training to take american guns.

Check your tinfoil hat brand, time to upgrade to a new model.

"One day after President Barack Obama won re-election, his Administration agreed to a new round of international negotiations to revive a United Nations-sponsored treaty regulating the international sale of conventional arms, which critics fear could affect the Constitutionally protected right of U.S. citizens to purchase and bear firearms.

Read more: Does UN arms trade treaty figure in Obama administration’s gun control plans? | Fox News"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ef-GYmzBM[/ame]

its nike its fine a poor kid in china made it for me. he was forced to work in great conditions

What does the UN have to do with a proposed assault weapons ban?

the fact that they proposed it would be a good place to start…

thanks johnnyk for having some common sense.

i posted a couple links in the other post you should check out cossey.

the un is after american guns. thats the simplest way to put it. do some reading or watching and see for yourself. watch the international news if you have fancy cable tv.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/25/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8BO00B20121225

all i can say is we are in for a ride if we dont follow the orders. 1776 might happen. and all i can say is i will be involved if my rights are revolked

Ok

This was a clear sign that the vast majority of U.N. member states support a strong, balanced and effective treaty, which would set the highest possible common global standards for the international transfer of conventional arms

The main reason the arms trade talks are taking place at all is that the United States - the world’s biggest arms trader, which accounts for more than 40 percent of global transfers in conventional arms - reversed U.S. policy on the issue after Obama was first elected and decided in 2009 to support a treaty.

Obama administration officials have tried to explain to U.S. opponents of the arms trade pact that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on gun sales and ownership inside the United States because it would apply only to exports.

What’s your point?

I see nothing about UN training to take away US arms.

Besides the fact that it’s the dumbest logical proposition.

What’s next? Santa clause is after our arms???

martial law in new orleans was training. duh

aussies had it too

they practice by cutting up guns and taking them from smaller nations first. look up some history on gun control. i cant spoon feed you

http://www.comeandtakeit.com/ungun1.html

They cut up every gun thats shipped internationally now to US if it’s non compliant.

I believe the barrel and the upper.

MartialLaw in new Orleans was training? I thought you said UN was training? This wasn’t UN. Oh and please tell me the outcome of that and what has changed since. We’ve talked about it before. Why did they overturn that? Practicing for stopping martial law?

Why are you running away from the Reuters article. Where in there anything that affects US gun owners and says they are practicing taking away guns from citizens?

I can’t fix your stupid.

us is in the un. so if un wants guns gone and us takes guns then it will hit you in the face. not on any miss cleo shit. look at all the bills being proposed, look at ny.

oo and they are training everyday.

i am not running away from that article as i posted it. what do you mean?

i think you are stupid but i dont go around telling you all the time dumbass

Feinstein (senator from CA) proposed the bill, as she’s always been anti-gun and knew it wouldn’t pass unless everyone was in shock over a massacre such as Sandy Hook and CO theater.

Do you read what you say?

I’m glad you think I’m stupid. Because everything you think about turns out to be wrong.

U.S. role in establishing the UN

The UN is an outgrowth of the Atlantic Charter. It appeared in the Declaration by the United Nations on January 1, 1942, in which 26 nations pledged to continue fighting the Axis powers.
Their main inspiration was the League of Nations; however, their goals were to rectify the League’s imperfections[1] in order to create an organization that would be “the primary vehicle for maintaining peace and stability.”[2] Roosevelt’s main role was to convince the different allies, especially Winston Churchill of the United Kingdom and Joseph Stalin of the Soviet Union, to join the new organization.[2] The negotiations mainly took place during the Dumbarton Oaks Conference and the Yalta Conference, where the three world leaders tried to reach a consensus concerning the United Nation’s structure, purposes and principles.[3] It is interesting to note that “Roosevelt saw the United Nations as the crowning achievement of his political career.”[4]
In 1945, representatives from 50 countries met in San Francisco for the United Nations Conference on International Organization. They deliberated on proposals that had been drafted by representatives of the Republic of China, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States at the Dumbarton Oaks Conference between August and October 1944. Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin reviewed the Dumbarton Oaks proposal during the Yalta Conference in February 1945. The purpose of the conference was to discuss post-war settlements[5] and to reach a final agreement concerning “the UN’s structure and membership and set the date of the San Francisco organizing conference”[6] The world leaders eventually agreed on Roosevelt’s proposal to give certain members a veto power[7] so “that the Organization could take no important action without their joint consent.”[8] Though the veto power question created a lot of disagreement among the different signatories,[9] its inclusion in the charter was never a matter of negotiation for Roosevelt and his allies.[10] Finally, during the Yalta conference, Stalin agreed to make the USSR a member of the United Nations.[6]
The United Nations officially came into existence on October 24, 1945, when the Charter was ratified by the Republic of China, France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, the United States as well as a majority of other signatories.
The most important American contribution to the United Nations system is perhaps the Bretton Woods conference. This conference took place in 1944 and its goal was “to create a new international monetary and trade regime that was stable and predictable.”[11] This new system opened world markets, promoted a liberal economy and was implemented through different institutions, such as the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.[12]
The United Nations was the first international governmental organization to receive significant support from the United States. Its forerunner, the League of Nations, had been championed by Woodrow Wilson after World War I to prevent future conflicts. While it was supported by most European nations, it was never ratified by the United States Congress due to the inability to reach a compromise regarding the Lodge Reservations or the Hitchcock Reservations.
Shortly after the establishment of the United Nations, the United States came into conflict with another member of the Security Council. Since the Soviet Union was a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, it had the power to veto any binding UN resolution. In fact, Soviet foreign minister and UN ambassador Vyacheslav Molotov used veto power twice as often as any other permanent member, earning him the title “Mr. Veto”. (see Soviet Union and the United Nations)
Relations between the U.S. and the Soviet Union (later Russia) within the UN have evolved in step with the larger geopolitical situation between the two powers. While the Soviet Union was boycotting the Security Council and China’s seat was represented by U.S.-friendly Republic of China (instead of the communist People’s Republic of China which would replace the ROC in the UN in 1971), the U.S. and UN jointly condemned the invasion of South Korea by North Korean troops, leading to the UN sanctioned Korean War. Later, the U.S. persuaded all permanent members of the Security Council to authorize force against Iraq after that nation invaded Kuwait in 1991. This was a major step toward U.S. and Russian reconciliation after the end of the Cold War.

Tell me more about how US is the UN.

You even have any idea what the UN is?

Who is making the call on making UN take away our weapons? Specific person.

What organization is going to go through and do it? Be specific

When is the plan for this to be done? You seem to know everything leading up to this so…

What states are they going to do it in?

Why would they be proposing any gun regulation now when they are going to take it away by force later anyway?

Is the US police going to be involved? Military?

UN is most certainly backing all of this.

Pitman is almost spot on.

Obama sits on the UN security council.

I have yet to see anything that supports his fairy tale theory that hes so sure that UN is going to be going house to house to confiscate weapons from US citizens.

I’m sure they want to implement the stricter or non existent import/export. Sure. But that’s a different conversation.

it wont happen tomorrow, but dont think its not what they want.

Half of the middle wants us dead. I don’t see that happening tomorrow either…

So fuck realistic expectations of what can be accomplished and the fact that a large portion of the country will never let this happen - let’s be scared of what some members of the UN want? And realistically be afraid of them and start making things up like they are training to go door to door and confiscate things since Katrina?

http://media.tumblr.com/568890a50f2421bd0714d13a771a6839/tumblr_inline_mfiul1Nfm71qa2emo.gif