Basic Suspension Set Up Meet

Dear General Moto Citizens:

I am gonna keep this short. I would like to organizing a meet to help each other doing some basic suspension set up for this season and for sharing set up info. This is not going to be a “cruise” thing, but whatever individual member or members decided to do after the meet to fine tune/test their suspension is up to those people and can be planned among themselves at the meet.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7574/gpsuspension.jpg

Following are the proposed details:

• Where: My place near Albany SUNY Campus (will PM to attending SHIFT518 members)
  • Date: I propose April 3rd (Sat) with and an alternate date of April 4th(Sun)
  • Time: I propose around 1 pm
  • Projected Weather: Should be in the 70’s and sunny!
  • What to bring: You, your bike, may be certain pages of your bike’s service manual for suspension adjustments, a screw driver if you are going to cruise a bit to do some testing or find tuning, specific tools needed to adjust your bike’s suspension (basically what is in your bike’s tool kit) and some small zip ties. (Note: I do have some very basic tools and should have zip ties to share)

Post if you have questions and suggestions are welcome!

Ride safe and enjoy the 2010 season! :clap:clap

such a overlooked part of riding

i know nothing about tuning bike suspension…but def interested in learning a thing or two.

I will be most likely home this weekend from school for Easter and to pick up my bike…so count me in! :thumbup

If you were to make it after 1PM this Sat I could stop by to at least share some knowledge as my bike is already pretty well setup though I’ll be on call so no bike. Or if its the weekend after next I could bring one of the bikes as well.

Glad to have your help man :clap

I updated the time to 1pm, depends on interest we might or might not be able to do the meet this weeked. If there are 2~3 guys confirmed then we can do it this weekend.

ahhh !! i gotta come around another time to figure my shit out, i thinkmy seals are blown or some stupid shit, dont really care tbh

but i wont be available this weekend, nor will the bike so its whatever

good idea for a meet tho ! im sure vlad will be there :slight_smile:

How bad is it? Just make sure you don’t get any fork oil in your pad. This does not have to be the only meet on this subject for the season, and to be honest you can set your suspension pretty much anywhere and with some helpers.

ah yea i dont see oil anywhre, but it doesnt dampen like i think it should, its really soft and smooshy, u’ll have to see it in person first

I’m in for this, as long as I don’t have work. I will find out tomorrow.

Let us know man :thumbup

I’m in, off saturday ftw!

Great! :clap:clap