Basketball

So, this summer I have been playing a lot of basketball since I got back from Ukraine and my back is much better (if you remember, I have serious back issues and wasn’t able to play more than 10-15 minutes total).

Me and a buddy have been playing 1-on-1 for a few months now a good hour or so each time. Sometimes even 2 (yesterday was 5 games to 11 over the course of 2 hours).

Problem is, it’s starting to get chilly and dark sooner…so does anyone know of a place me and him can shoot hoops at during the winter?

I don’t want to go YMCA because those courts, at least the ones in East Greenbush, are constantly packed with annoying kids who only get in the way.

Anyone know of a place? Or do any of you who know how to play wanna get together for some 2-on-2 or 3-3?

ABC Sports and Fitness will let you play for a small fee if the courts are free I believe

Yeah $10 a night to play there. Unless you just walk by and act like you own the joint. But yeah not too many places.

ABC is the one in Latham near Mr. Subb/Orange Ford, right?

Is it usually packed there? I’ve never been in there.

Yep that’s the place. My Brother in law is the Manager. I workout there when I get the time to.

Thanks. I might have to give them a call and see if they have ‘open nights’.

open night? what do you mean…nights the court isnt rented for volleyball etc? just show up and call next. play some pickup games.

we used to get some good runs in there when it was 24/7.

I mean like open as in they have 5 baskets open and people just come and go as they please. We probably will end up going and just asking to join in on nexts, but sometimes I just wanna play him 1-on-1.

idk if the courts are included in their cheapest membership but if its 10/bucks a night to play thats the same as their monthly fee.

There are 6 hoops there. You should not have a problem getting a hoop to yourselves most nights.