Basketball anyone?

When spring rolls around (shorts/t-shirt weather) I’d like to get back to playin some ball.

Anyone here play or know of a place to play for free?

I can’t play for more than 30 minutes before my back tightens up (had two slipped discs after an accident and never been right since), but I’d love to get into better shape.

always used to be pick up games at the Clifton commons

That’s a bit of a hike for me.

Something in Albany would be cool though, if anyone from that way wants to set something up.

I plan on joining my company softball team for some fun and maybe get into slightly better shape while doing that.

I own the glass

I can pass and rebound. Shooting isn’t my speciality.

start up a beer league

I’m small but I can pass & shoot well…I’d be down, but I don’t go to Albany lol

I don’t drink alcohol lol. Plus I dunno if I know enough people to do a league. It would probably like 3-3 or 4-4 if you guys wanna meet up.

I will own in basketball. Im soo down!!

Does anyone know of a place to play at now? I’m not looking to spend any money though (like for a gym membership or anything).

There’s some alright courts off Route 2 in Latham, I’ve played there a few times.

I mean like starting play now…as in…in January. You’d probably need an indoor gym lol. Unless you want to shovel and dry those courts…hahaha.

But those courts would work for the spring, definitely. I’m willing to drive to Latham (it’s 30 min)…that’s probably the furthest I’d go though…

Let’s set up shop at one of the State Trooper turnarounds on the Northway.

Ohhhhh haha I didn’t know you meant start right now…but umm where are you coming from?

I don’t know of any gyms that are free though.

I live in Selkirk. In the boonies haha.

My brother lives in Latham not far from Northeast Acura so I’d be willing to drive to around that area since I do it 2 or 3 times a week anyway. But CP is kinda far just for some ball.

Gotcha.

I agree, I live in Latham and I’d say CP is a drive just to play for a little while.

I mean there’s ABC gym, The Cicotti Center in Colonie…Idk what their policies are for like day passes or what, but I know if someone is a member there they can get guest passes.

Hmm…we should find out if someone is a member.

I went with a kid to the Y in East Greenbush and that place was WAY too crowded.

Perhaps just sticking it out till spring rolls in would be easier lol.

Last time I went to the Cicotti Center it wasn’t too crowded. It’s a very nice facility too, I mean I’d expect that out of a brand new place. Worth a shot seeing what the deal was like if you wanted to go there a few times and shoot around like if they have like a 3-time membership or some BS.

I just checked their site and it looks like they require a monthly membership which for someone like me (22 and no longer a studen) would be $43/month.

too bad you live so far away man, i play basketball up in edinburgh(past northville-like 25 mins away from me) monday and wednesday nights for 3 bucks. its usually 8-14 people go and everyone is pretty good so its never a missmatch on teams. I’m a like a steve nash, run and gun, pass and shoot