Bennyfizzle's dicktone 318i build thread.

overload of bandwidth fail. Pics don’t show.

So, I don’t feel like reading through the thread if there’s not pics, but… What are your plans for this?

all of the pics are still working, nothing wrong with my photobucket I assure you…its grandfathered in to almost unlimited storage/bandwidth from back when pbucket was starting up.

I just painted all of my suspension stuff. If it was 40* and sunny, or I had a heated, roomy garage, I would be assembling the rear subframe to swap today.

Alas, it is not.

:rofl

Just read through the thread. Wheres my beer?!

+rep, helluva find.

Fennybizzle, do I need to finish this thing in an afternoon when I’m in NY in a few weeks? Get off jo azz.

hahahaha FUCK

mmmmmmmmmm beer

did a little work on it yesterday

cut out a bunch of bullSHIT brackets, now I need to teach myself body work in a hurry to grind down the remaining welds, fill, and paint the bay.

before:

after:

I hit each one with a little spray paint to make sure it doesnt rust while it waits for me to do more :rofl

Also took off the 318’s exhaust.

17 years old:

sooo who wants to let me borrow their grinder?

:lol I cant part with my grinder, ever!

I have an old shitty one, I dont know if it works though.

so come do it for me and ill massage your shoulders while you do it

:rofl

:shifty

haha I didn’t even think about the little cone thing, perfect.

bolted everything onto the rear subframe today.

swap time soon. picking up some cam tools from Boxersix (GREATLY appreciated adam), then i have to pick up a hoist, motor stand, ignition coils, and a new tranny from JClark via skiboard06

getting close!

What was wrong with your old trans?

i beat the piss out of the poor thing, same thing that is going to happen to this one.

theyre reasonably strong boxes, but old at this point, and no one rebuilds them. no one.

no exceptions.

2nd and 3rd gear would grind on any up or downshift not double clutched.

shit was not cash.

Good shite, did you replace the rear wheel bearings? That rear drive flange hub looks pretty new… Or is it the pic.

When’s the LS6 go in?

there is nothing back there that is old except the hard parts themselves

all new balljoints, bearings, hubs, nuts, and bolts.

Nice!

Holy shit the fluffy ones getting motivated