Bennyfizzle's dicktone 318i build thread.

Still awaiting my beer! But looks like some good progress was done, thats for sure!

i’ll rebuild it. what do you want for it? i could use a spare for the 5 series. they are the same zf box afterall

you can have it for free, thing’s kicked pretty good :rofl

pretty sure there’s jb weld covering a crack on the back of the case :rofl

anyway, srs bzns update…out with the old:

soon to be ready for the new :slight_smile:

nest time the car’s sitting on wheels, in a week or so, it’ll be on it’s new suspension.

this reminds me i need to order tires.

Yo this is looking good man… Keep it up.

got a full head of steam brah, this thing will be running by APRIL if all goes well.

fuck me only a couple weeks til I hear it with new headers and exhaust?

giggity

LET ALONE DRIVE THE FUCKING THING

Doin werk:

Tom came by to do some welding for meh. (HUGELY APPRECIATED TOM, SERIOUSLY I OWE YOU MORE THAN ONE PAPA BEAR)

oh look there he is now

did an awesome job

you’ll find that silver color elsewhere on the car soon. my use of it here was somewhat of a test. I like.

got the axles rebuilt by Broadway Axle/Xcel/Axle xpress, whatever the hell they call themselves. It’s on broadway in schenectady. Really impressive, fast, thorough, and best of all CHEAP service. Highly recommended!

set the exhaust up just to get an idea of what it’ll look like :slight_smile:

waiting on:

-new front suspension hardware
-one of the new rear subframe bushings is being a COCK (YES TOM I TRIED SOAP, WATER, MALLET, etc)
-clutch will be here today
-still have to go pick up the trans/hoist/stand from jon
-once all the new hardware is in all of the suspension can go in
-unfortunately I picked up my diff the other day and it sounded like a maraca, Adam H has it, and another diff, and can hopefully give me one healthy diff when the smoke, and bolt heads clear.
-gotta get driveshaft looked at as well

still have to do EVERYTHING on the motor. which sucks. but it’ll only take a week or so if that

that’s where I stand right now, you homos.

Axle Express are pretty good, I’ll be sending a set of axles there soon as well.

$60 per is NOT bad, they put in new cages/balls/grease/boots/clamps, AND blast them, AND tank everything, AND paint them.

GOOD fucking deal considering the oem rebuild kits alone are about $30 per for me.

Benny Freeze the bushing. it will shrink down

Glad Broadway Axle Whatever, Inc. worked out. Tom doin work.

It’s a soft poly bushing, smash it in the hole already.

Already got it homos, and it’s AKG jesse, 75D. Roughly the same hardness as a fucking bowling ball, there is nothing soft about these bushings.

Just finished the engine bay, I’m not even going to bother using filler to fill the slight blemishes from my grinding. It’s not a show car, they’re smooth enough for me, just going to clean, scuff, and paint the bitch.

Dropping the driveshaft off at axle express and sending injectors out today.

Shit someone found some motivation

yeah there is a current herbal shortage in NY state. Heard it from my stoner cousin the other day.

I hate when that happens. No, I really do.

I have been high every day, several times a day, even while working on my car.

The motivation is in my pants.

That and I’ve lost like 23lbs over the last month or so and I have a ass ton more energy

Good job man. Loosing weight and finding motivation is not an easy thing to do. Trust me

Thats the only way to be when u relax wit a project. Thanks so much for everything. Gonna get the 318ti project rollin. If u ever need a extra hand im in. Cant wait to see this thing done.

Fizzle you still need the cam tools? I forgot to ask you when you dropped off the rear ends. I had everything in the car there that day.

Gonna look at it tomorrow.

Yes sir!

That’s next week’s project…the couple of very important orders I have coming in early this week should have the car on it’s wheels by Wednesday :excited

then, like I said, it’s motor stuff. once that’s all squared away VROOM hoping for first fire by next weekend!

(assuming the diff is healthy enough to use :()