Bennyfizzle's dicktone 318i build thread.

Yeah the littl ebastards have grown on me, however I’m considering having them painted over as I’m doing a little front end work here soon, and to blend the paint on the new nose panel/bumper theyd have to go to the fenders as well, depends on how this pans out financially, the quote for having my nose panel re-sprayed alone was a little staggering (custom paint ftl :idiots)

i would definitely get it repainted, and then you can always add the stripes via vinyl application later if you wanted to.

sorry about pointing out the rear :-[

It just seemed like a badass body package, without the rear skirts.

my only problem is i have a very shaky drivetrain as of now, i have a shifter thats sloppier than the Charlton PD, a torn cv boot, a clutch that will RANDOMLY slip and will randomly change its engagement point, i cant bang second gear for the life of me without the synchro letting out a vicious yelp, a rear hub with only 4 good holes, and everytime i let off the throttle at moderate engine load it feels like my whole drivetrain is just a big rubber band waiting to snap.

but at least my rear trailing arm bushings are new :rofl

I was almost expecting you to say that you just saved a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico :lol

man, my car sounds like its doing a lot better than yours now.

i exaggerated a bit, its not as terrible as it sounds, if an someone who didnt ride in the car daily went for a ride theyd never know a thing was wrong just because its mine i gotta find faults :rofl

but yeah, shes in need of some refreshing, but what 120k mile e36 doesnt?

Ok I gotta ask, why the hell are you buying a $500+shipping splitter when you still havent fixed that stuff from last year? Maintain yo shit.

ballin on a budget? :banana

:rofl

i got it for $270 shipped, like new, only some scraped on the very bottom, you’s probably know the guy i got it from, was only used ON TRACK ONLY for 3 hpde’s, and it looks like hes telling the truth.

i just couldn’t pass it up, the whole drivetrain/subframe will be refreshed before spring.

Sounds like 2008 is the year for everyones projects, finally coming together…

BTW 270shipped… i wouldnt pass that up either

if my project was ‘coming together’ you wouldnt be hearing the sweet sweeet sound of a finely tuned german intake runner this spring, but more of a spinny whooshy screamy sound at WOT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/0304081528.jpg

:nod

those need a little cleaning :lol

gotta admit bro i cant wait till summer when we can take the m’s out for a cruise

were they shipped just like that? not even in a box or wrapped up at all?

http://www.rspeed.org/forums/images/smilies/weak.gif

is this what you sent me in a txt? :confused

correct, the previous owner used them as track wheels so they already have some blemishes, UPS tracking is nothing compared to being thrown on and off a race car.

surprisingly theyre not in bad shape at all, I might just leave them as is and run them (aside from the, tires-RA1’s showing cords=fail) but chances are I’ll be going with my original idea of replcating this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/nuwheelsdowant.jpg

yes it is, and you just wait, these are gonna look haught.

::slight_smile: :haha :banana

Dammit I was just about to ask about the tires and how much you wanted for em.

You can have whats left of em for the cost to dismount them lol, you pay for it and you can have em only one of them is showing past rubber anyway :rofl