Bennyfizzle's dicktone 318i build thread.

I’m going on 6 sets of tires ready to rock over here. I think I’ll pass. ;D

Well you can have em if you want em regardless :rofl

kosta has a couple extra tires to spare … :nod

I know, I’m buying those contis from him, I was supposed to give him $50 last weekend, but i was busy with the fucking sentra and other shit, and I’m broke. :rofl

BUT I did get the bitch started today, and even swapped the wheels over…

Quite possibly the worst pictures ever, I know, but I didn’t have a digi cam and I was wicked excited to see it again after being hidden by a big ugly tarp :rofl

shit they look good dude. :wow

i am currently in the market for a set of 225/45/17’s.

apparently joe decided on using the pilot sports on something else. ::slight_smile:

Well that’s gay.

Yeah, when I was first putting them on they looked SO small compared to the rotas, while it was still in the garage I kind of didn’t like it. Soon as I pulled it out and parked it i got an ear to ear grin lol, I love getting new wheels :rofl

aren’t the tires on your new wheels completely shot?

does look WAY better though. You going to leave them on or re-finish them like you stated earlier before keeping them on the car?

Yeah they’re pretty kicked, except for one…it still has the grooves that run through the center, and it’s pretty deep, like 3-4/32nd’s. I’ll probably run them as is for a while, just because doing all of the shit I have to do next weekend is gonna wear me the hell out, and I highly doubt ill want to sand wheels for 8 hours, i might pick up a beater set of stock 95 m3 wheels with shitty tires and when i feel like refinishing them, I will…plus this will give me some time to get used to the look now, and be even more fun when i refinish them.

i like it. no wing M3’s are sick.

I like the old wheels better.

Looks wise, I do too kinda, I liked the feel they gave the car…but the car will not be trying to kill me all summer with these wheels. :rofl

the old wheels were nice in they’re own way IMO

pro’s of running 17’s on this car are:

cheaper tires, can lower more if desired, less worry about any rub, less unsprung weight, etc…

the rota’s looked baller i agree, but that had a lot to do with the bronze. either way, 17" FTW in this case.

EDIT:
almost forgot, no sheared lug bolts :crackup :headbang

Oh, and the Rotas always rubbed up front through hard turns and over steep bumps, so now I can drive her hard and not worry about a wheel falling off OR cutting the sidewall on the fender lip :rofl

those rims are money on that car. the only flaw i find in the car are the stripes… thats it!

DEFINITELY has stock cams…which is a bit disconcerting considering alot of cammed s52’s see numbers like mine on mustang dynos…hmm I’ll have to get it on a dynojet and see if there’s a difference…

new rims look alot better

wtf are you talking about? cams? what?

That 240whp/220wtq number is pretty high for my mods, especially on a moon’s mustang dyno…so I called the place that built the car in 2004 and the service manager said something about the previous owner gettig the whole Schrick cam package, I told him the previous owner told ME that it had stock cams, so after pulling the valve cover and seeing the bmw symbol and part number, i know it’s stock cams and I apparently just have a good motor…

I fucked up the masking, mainly my using scotch tape and not waiting for the paint to fully cure (boss got wise to my little project :rofl) so the paint pulled up a bit where i masked the center off, but itll be covered anyway so w/e.

240whp is normal for S52 w/ M50 manifold and bolt ons. You’re solid.

That just means you’d make stupid power w/ cams because your motor is healthy.