best bar(s) in rochester on a Friday night? this friday

im heading to the Tragically hip concert there tommorow and am gonna go out afterwards. anyone suggest a good bar to go to? i heard chocolate is decent :gotme:

o’rly? :bloated:

Been like 2 years since I’ve gone out in crapchester.

Ahh… Daisy Dukes, Soho, Whiskey… :shrug: Just go walking around East/Alexander.

Pearl.

depends on if you want to be a fake cowboy, pick up some 16 year olds, get drunk for cheap, something classy with a dj, or a little of all?

What if he wants to pick up a cheap drunk fake 16 year old cowboy DJ?

youll find something you like on east and alexander as mentioned above…i personally like soho…syxx isnt bad either or cooyote joes.

i dont much care for pearl though. always fucks my ears up

[quote=“Fry,post:6,topic:37984"”]

What if he wants to pick up a cheap drunk fake 16 year old cowboy DJ?

[/quote]

liquid? :lol:

Interested as well ill be in roch tonight to visit my sister. We will be out what do you guys have for somewhere playing metal or a good dj but no gangsta rap bs lol. Some drumb and bass type stuff is cool.

meh, though I know everyone at Pearl, if you’re looking for a good time, go to Daisy Dukes. It’s really 4 bars in one building. they have a country bar with a mechanical bull and hot bartenders that dance on the bar(I have NUMEROUS pics of girls taking their shirts off on the bull, all young people) and I NEVER see anyone country wannabe’s there , there another that plays live rock music, upstairs is dance, and the roof is a chill/talk/drink area. It’s just 1 $3 cover too that gets you in to all of them, and it’s all connected from the inside.

lol @ all young people. plenty of fatties too, it’s ROCHESTER

that place sucks ass, when it was Tonic it was worth going to, now you couldn’t pay me.

edit: then again I’m a cranky old fart who actually wants a decent venue with good music and drink selection, not skanky ho’s and country (or rap)

Dont hate youg people because you are old jk i know what you mean. Ive never been out to bars out there but for a quick reference i hate chippewa(sp.) but i like some allentown bars. We will be at The Bug Jar i think it is called to see a band i like.

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:11,topic:37984"”]

edit: then again I’m a cranky old fart

[/quote]

^ see ya at the old toad then :wink:

Pearl.

A-pub plays rock they are a part of soho.

whats so bad about rap and skanky girls though?

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:15,topic:37984"”]

[/quote]

hahaha yeah right

last night was the college night at soho, looked like it was gonna be a good time…

i love colleg night there. haloween college night last week was siq

[quote=“Schema,post:13,topic:37984"”]

^ see ya at the old toad then :wink:

[/quote]

I love that place for a pint and some good food. I do like dance/house/trace music though, hence Pearl being at the top of my list. Unfortunately rochester has little/no “scene” (even if I’ve nearly outgrown it) - I used to drive up to TO for that…

I prefer east ave but its mostly a 18 (pretending to be 21) to 26 crowd. SoHo is a nice club but its usually packed, Daisy Dukes is a great country bar with good looking girls, and you can walk across the street to Bayu Billys.

If you want to get away from that type of crowd, you can check out some places on Monroe Ave too which tend to be more like Elmwood in Buffalo.

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:15,topic:37984"”]

[/quote]

Hmmm i dont know man thats just not me. Although i have a f-bod lol im not into that type of crowd/place.