Best place to go for replacing bolts?

A lot of the bolts on the front end of my S14 are rusted pretty badly and a bunch have completely snapped. What’s the best place to go to for good replacement bolts (matching up)? Last time I went to Canadian Tire to get the headlight bolts matched and the ones I got were horrible and didn’t fit right.

never buy that shit, go directly to the nissan dealerships… alil extra goes along way considering…

Nissan dealerships RAPE you for bolts. I’ve paid way over $100 in bolts so far from the dealer. Not worth it, I’d just get matched bolts somewhere else custom made, it’ll probably still be cheaper. I can’t remember the name right now. UGH…if you search, you’re bound to find the name of that store.

I usually go to Home Hardware, take an OEM bolt (1 of the lucky ones that did come out with ease, and in one piece, lol) with me, try to screw it into a nut, and if it goes in smoothly with little play, I buy the corresponding bolt, or just retap the hole for a slightly larger bolt.

If you’re buying big bolts for pieces like the TC rods, make sure you get the high strength ones, don’t want them snapping on you on the highway…

BROfasco

spanaur

Well, in my search, I was unable to find some of the bolts even at brofasco.

Check out Lowes, they have a little automotive bolt section. This is obviously for bolts that don’t need to meet certain density requirements and hardened processes.

I had a hell of a time trying to find m10x1.25 (fine thread) this summer.

Spaenaur has had every bolt I’ve ever needed, in any grade :stuck_out_tongue: But can get to be expensive shit. Tranny to block bolts were i think $5.50 each.

Check out fastenal too. I don’t think they have a huge selection of high grade metric, but they can order a lot of stuff in. http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex

Fastenal will have any size bolt you need in stock and higher grade than anything on the car.

^^^ you just have to buy quantity which sucks. I needed 6 bolts and they wanted to sell me a pack of 40…

brafasco as reconjdm said.
i’d suggest to make list of what bolts you need since there is a minimum amount you have to buy if you don’t have an account with them.
i think the reason why canadian tire/homedepot/lowes dont carry or not have many metric bolts is because the standard screw threads is different here in north america than in japan?

alot of automotive app. use a metric thread, usually fine. Coarse metric is easy enough to get. I use Crappy tire sometimes. I always save hardware from partouts and wrecking yard., in a big bucket.