Best places for auto loans?

Post them up.

Obviously looking for high approval rating at a low interest rate :slight_smile: after you post the company, tell me why they’re good.

Thanks guys,

~J

hows your credit?

look to see about getting a loan through a credit union if you can. They generally give better interest rates then banks

Capitol one is the largest automotive finance company

if u have good credit

E-loan is decent

than there is the one where banks compete for u… i got a decent rate from them on my audi

My local credit union gave me 6.76 on my audi when most places were 7.35

I went with Capital One Auto Finance when I bought my truck. Their rate was lower than my local bank and the credit union my wife is a member of. You need good credit though. A friend of mine just applied with them and was turned down. I got 4.65% on a dealer sale used car (rates are higher for private sale). Rates have gone up some since then but 4.65 was about 1-3 % lower than anywhere else I looked at the time.

Oh, and their blank check program > *. Just like walking into the dealership with a stack of $1000 bills.

yeah my credits decent, but i’d have a co-signer too. I’ll have to check with my credit union and see what they can do. What scares me is that in the past I have run into the issue of only being able to get a loan on a newer car that is no more then 5 years old. E-loan has already approved me for a loan, buts its not for the amount that i need…

Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming.

what are you buying, maybe someone will help finance you :slight_smile:

HA! I dunno yet…but you guys know me, you’ll find out when I have it. I dont like talking about something unless im 100% on it :slight_smile:

Good luck with something older than 5 years. Lending tree had me end up with capital one, lowest rate.

credit union.

for shits and giggles try lending tree.com

Credit Union.

Buying from a private owner or dealer? Because dealers love to get you to finance through them. Sometimes they’ll give you a better deal that way than if you bring your own financing. Somebody on Miata.net did an in-depth writeup with lots of advice when buying a car. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

cool, thanks guys

Eloan gave me a loan @ 6.75% with automatic withdrawl (automatically takes from your bank account every month, which lowers your interest rate by .25%)

On my 2002 honda, credit rating around 740.

They were super easy to deal with.

A little late perhaps, but good info, nonetheless: Good tips on buying a new car (and also getting rid of your old one).
How to buy a new car and live to tell about it

State Farm gives loans too. I think the one I got was around 6% and that was two years ago.

JP Morga/Chase…they approved me i dunno how but they did…if u have State Farm insurance try them…or u dont even need their insurance

I know there is a ton of hate to Credit Unions, but there pretty good.

At first glance they look horrible, but keep in mind MOST only gain intrest on the remaining balance. So your payments end up getting less.

I suck with money, but just one thing to think about.

Yeah I don’t have them for insurance but State Farm still gave me a loan.