best way to get rid of junk concrete chunks?

I’m tearing down some falling apart concrete porch steps and putting up a wooden staircase on the front porch of my house.

I will have a pile about 5 feet high and 3 feet wide of very heavy concrete scrap.

What is the easiest way to dispose of this stuff?

sledge hammer= smaller chunks = throw it in the neibors yard= problem salved lol.

1800gotjunk

throw em in the trunk of a car and scrap it

drive down the thruway, throw them at the cars behind you and watch them dodge them.

this made me lol just thinking about it

good effin luck! I had to do that with a LOT of concrete/dirt last summer, and the only way i found was to dump it at a friends house in alden cus he wanted to fill in some low spots. Otherwise it’s hard to get rid of. Maybe look for fill wanted in want ads or something? Junk yards or anywhere else won’t take it cus it might be “dirty dirt” (contaminated with chemicals and shit).

large construction sites… like the one on transit… have pulverizing machines that will grind that shit up into talus that will be used for an asphalt roadbed base

Suggest you drop it off there.

The place on River Road, with the scales everyone uses at night, will let you dump concrete there for free.

FYI to anyone else: Stone, concrete, brick, etc. is all welcome there for free, if you can get it there.

Town of Tonawanda will pick it up on garbage day. Pile it in front of FRY’s house. Call your town hall and see if they pick it up as trash.

brendan is correct. i have to do this sometime this week as i just tore my front porch out.

they lock up at night now.

I think there are people that will take the concrete. I forget what they do with it… obviously something that results into more concrete lol. hmm… This isn’t helpful at all

They crush it back into a stone like consistency.

If you don’t want to drive it all the way to river rd call your local town office. They may have a local dropoff that accepts stuff like that. I know Amherst does because that’s what I had to do with the broken up concrete I had from when I replaced an uneven sidewalk slab.

Amherst’s is right next to the town garage on N.Forest between Maple and Sheridan.

I bet that it doesn’t float. Hint Hint j/k

or

http://suttonplace.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/shovel.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue:

tift. hahaha

The whole place is a dump anyway, why not? You could also put it on Craigslist as free fill, I always see people giving that stuff away. You could advertise free dog shit on Craigslist and someone would take it.

Yep.
Good enough to dump cars…

bury it