Big ass fire near the waterfront...

I was out sailing, saw a huge cloud of smoke, by the time we got back to the marina (half hour ago) and drove home down Tifft (20 minutes ago) you could see huge flames along the railroad tracks toward the Buffalo River. Anyone have any idea what burned down? Huge flames and I could see the twisted wreckage of a steel building or something.

old warehouse over there by route 5

It’s not near rt5, much closer to Hopkins. Found it, Abby and O’Connor…

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=67619&catid=37

I saw the cloud on the 990 just before the 290 earlier its pretty big

I couldn’t tell if that was a cloud or smoke when I saw it while riding

chemical factory of some sort i was told i was at the gally mall working and i saw the smoke

It was one of Moderns recycling storage buildings or something. I drove past it on the 190 heading South and all you could see was the smoke. The actual fire was pretty small.

I could see the smoke header at the Boulevard Mall, pretty crazy to hear about it on the news tonight

It was a recycling center. Good sized blaze for sure!

Everyone at the Bisons game was wondering what it was…

me and almostBrett were at shanghai reds and saw it, wondered what it was
had everyone asking us if we knew what it was like we would have all the answers :shrug:

sum’s always burning in Bufla

The actual fire was very large, I saw it from Tifft.

I was at Chesnut Ridge up on the hill and saw the smoke tower from there, it was crazy.

“We probably lost a half million dollars worth of recyclables,” said Rick Washuta

i didnt know recyclables were worth money :gotme:

Are you serious?

not the amount they stated.

I was pretty far from it, but it looked pretty unimpressive when I finally saw it after seeing the smoke for miles.

“I was pretty much like, oh my God, I’ve never seen that before in my life,” one eyewitness told 2 On Your Side.

That’s the quote I would have chosen too.

^

lol, you forgot the “for me” in front of the “oh my God”.

We actually went back and watched that like 4 times.