Big fat plane in crosswinds landing...

That’s just fucking nuts. Talk about strafing.

holy shit that was crazy

remind me never to go their

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fjW6yK1eho thats all i can say, or newman will get mad cause i spoke of airplanes :slight_smile:

considering its an Airbus 380 IE: biggest passenger plane made, its easier to see that, but even in most cases the planes move 10-20 feet on take off and landing under low winds.

where is the Boeing engineer’s comments

:rofl:

:eek:

I think it was showing the capabilities for a xwind landing, that was a pretty textbook landing for a lighter plane, maybe just showing how it can handle?

and on a side note

both pilots demanded a change of pants immediately after the plane was parked.

DORIFTOOOOOO

i wonder how much pilots have to train for shit like that.

gotta take some skill. :tup: to good pilots.

DRIFTING!!!

that plane may never make it into circulation, thats the sad part.

no airport wants to clear a plane like that to land since it has almost twice the required separation distance due to the cut it makes through the air. nothing like 560 tons to cause some turbulence.

This ones way worse

It’s part of the process for the plane to go into commercial use. It’s a test that all planes have to pass

its part of faa certification, “maximum demonstrated crosswind”

There is an Airforce Base, in alaska thats like 5% of the heavy Pilots are allowed to land at, I believe its Eielson afb. there is a constant 30+ knot crosswind. They have to have special clearance to land there…

Pilot >> Dude press D! D God damnit
CoPilolt >> I Can’t do it!!
Pilot >> Jesus christ, chicken shit, more D!! WE are not going to make it!! S S now we over shot it!!
Copilot >> I can’t !!
Pilot >> Thats it go back to CS: 1.6 and learn how to play the fucking game right dumbass!
Copilot >> Crap!! What is this new “In Terco M” button?
Pilot >> >.>

inb4evilsrt4