Big Garage Project Spring 2008.....Need Opinion/Help....

hahahah bringin the bait while they shortcut yer concrete work :tup:

just kidding, but funny regardless :stuck_out_tongue:

hot concrete workers, that makes me laugh

Need concrete, or a new garage built. Send me a PM, I can hook you up.

Pauly, your garage isn’t big enough for all your stuff either. I think you need another garage off site :slight_smile:

BTW, got some toys for my garage. Home Depot is having a sale on storage. Basically get 10-20% off your total purchase depending on how much you spend. I picked up 2 wall cabinets, 2 floor cabinets, and a tall cabinet for $450. It should have been over $700 if I paid regular price.

Worth checking out if your going to make your garage nice :slight_smile: .

SAVE Up to 20% on Storage Purchases Instantly with Coupon - Plus Get 12 Months No Payment, No Interest
From 12/26/07 through 1/13/08, take up to 20% off qualified storage purchases at U.S., Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands Home Depot® stores.

10% OFF purchases of $75-$199
15% OFF purchases of $200-$499
20% OFF purchases of $500 or more

Qualifying purchases are based on pre-tax price. Offer applies to qualifying storage products including Closetmaid, Workforce, Perfect Home kitchen and laundry storage, Woodcrafter laundry products, and Garage Storage products. Excludes installation and Home Services products, sheds, truck boxes, hand trucks, bath storage, metal chest and cabinets, job site storage, tool storage and accessory organizers, and 18-gallon totes (770613, 850548, and 383321). This offer cannot be applied to prior purchases or combined with any other offer except credit. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. No credit if offer refused. Do not send with/as payment on any The Home Depot credit account. Cash value 1/20th of 1(cent). Ask an associate for details. Present to cashier at time of purchase to receive your discount. This offer is not valid at EXPO® Design Center, The Home Depot Supply(SM), Home Depot Floor Store, Home Depot Landscape Supply, or on purchases made through homedepot.com. Void if sold, copied or transferred and where prohibited.
Available In-Store Only

[QUOTE=camarojoe;786338]Pauly, your garage isn’t big enough for all your stuff either. I think you need another garage off site :)[QUOTE]

Joe no matter how big you build it its never big enough
I’m looking into renting a shop with 3 other guys just for project stuff, were tryin to work out a deal with the owner. The thought of a non-profit museum has come up for grants,tax breaks etc…LOL

Well, as long as the museum has cold beer. I mean people do go and look at the cars there :slight_smile:

my new garage is in an older house that im pretty sure has sorta sloping concrete bed, but it does have a sewer grate in the middle, ill prob have to cover it up with a board or something when im working so i dont drop any bolts down there. hey at least i wont need a pan anymore when i change my oil… haha jk… your plans seem good :wink: go with a 1/2 size so you can store your tools and or park slightly diagonally if you have some display cars that just sit pretty

Not sure, I’m sure they would do somewhat bigger though.

Not much included other than 2 finished walls (Buffalo code), siding, roof, 2 doors, and a window. In hindsight I should have sprung for a better door, it’s pretty cheap, but other than that everything is fine

Nice! I love pics of projects being built

Wow, looks like my garage in size and style. Mine is just green :slight_smile:
Time to pimp my garage this spring

Looks nice, not bad for 10 grand.

Ok i have decided to go with another route…instead of having the garage detached. i will have it attached with the house in the back. i guess its a max 860 sqft for a garage and no higher then 15 ft. I want to have it attached to the house with a living area on top of the garage.

Private garage facilities and accessory structures shall be as follows: a maximum of 720 square feet of combined garage floor area consisting of a built-in or attached garage and/or one detached garage plus the legal one-hundred-forty-square-foot accessory structure; or private garage facilities consisting of a built-in or attached garage and/or one detached garage with a maximum combined garage floor area of 860 square feet with no accessory structure. The openings for the door or doors thereto shall not exceed nine feet in height. No private garage or other accessory structure shall be erected before the main building has been constructed, and under no condition shall a garage be used as living quarters when the same is not attached to a dwelling. No garage shall exceed 40 feet maximum dimension. No private garage, except a garage attached to a dwelling, shall exceed 15 feet in height.

So basically the Garage will be 25ft wide and 30ft length wise. The Old garage will be comin down as soon as the weather gets better and a fence will be going up because the fence is falling apart also.

I will take some picture of the exterior of the house and everything as soon as its nice out