My Garage Build Thread

Allways wanted to build a garage, and our current house has the perfect setting for it, so I though I’d give it a shot. I’ll be updating this over the next few weeks as there is progress.

Building a nice 2 car garage, 24 x 32. 10’ ceilings so i can put a lift in there, gas, electric, insulated, etc. etc. I’m having most of this work done, instead of DIYing it. the dollars saved vs. the time lost not making money with days of to do it, and the problems that allways come up pointed me in this direction.

I looked at the 2 basic options out there stick construction on a footer foundation, or a pole barn. I opted for the pole barn, so I cut some trees down to make room in the spring, and let the guys get to work.

This is what it looked like before it all started.

Then I cut down some trees, along with this fucker that was over 20" in diameter.

Ready for some site work

You’re going to want more than 10’, if you want clear floors you’re going to need almost 13’ unless your run one with the cables/chains underneath for a 2 post.

Had the site work guys come in, level the ground where the building will sit, then fill in with 4" of crushed and compacted stone that will be my “ground floor” eventually.

Stumps I get burn! (I’m a huge Pyro LOL)

After they were all done it looked like this.

And that leads to this morning before I left, they were drilling holes for the poles to get cemented in roughly 4’ down

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Scissor trusses.

X…

Agreed; when I was looking at them you want at least 12’. I’d also suggest putting in dedicated footers/forms for the posts of the lift and/or run 6" concrete for the whole garage.

See the post above yours, they ceiling will be over 16’ in the middle of the garage.

X…

Awesome!

10’ walls, with many jams in the middle, good. 2 wide, and 2 deep, 2 post and 4 post storage/drive-on rack?

was there a significant cost difference between the pole barn and stick build…i am looking to do similar in my yard and just now starting to plan

Please put a bathroom somewhere in there. :slight_smile:

^That’d be baller as shit!

More pics of S10’s without beds doing burnouts please!

Looking good keep up the good work man. :tup:

Awesome, always wanted to build a garage. My next place will certainly have land for it. Do you have some plans to share?

Looking awesome!

… Am I the only one who was wondering how many pairs of shoes you could make out of those trees?

You weren’t kidding when you said you were getting started on this thing this week!

Looking forward to the end result! Are you going with a 2 post lift? I would consider getting an air compressor, if you haven’t already!

Can’t wait to see the finished product.

How much is this coasting you if you don’t mind? I’m trying to find a house with a two car garage but if building a pole barn isn’t to costly I could broaden my house search. Pm me if you don’t want to post it. Thanks

it’s “just a 2 car garage…” Lift prob a 2 post haven’t finalized those details

A few thousand up front less to build, and your taxes don’t go up as much with a “temporary” structure like a pole barn.

I’m an outdoor kinda guy

I see what you did there… LOL

One long set of heaters in front of my house is enough, maybe when those fade, I don’t want to look too trashy in front of the place.

Nothing digital, but I’m sure you’ll see it all soon enough.

Nice… Maybe that’s why I’m such a pyro, I’m trying to burn my roots.

Have a compressor, and a 2 post is what I was thinking.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I’ve got a few progress picts to post.

X…

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

All the poles are set and secured. Really gives me a good idea of how much space this thing takes up in the yard.

X…

I may have to incorporate a bike ride out your way to check this out.

Do you foresee any Water drainage issues with the slope of the hill into the side of the garage?

Not one bit.

X…

Very cool. Im getting quotes on getting my shop built now. Itll be nice to have a awesome workspace. Good luck!

Dan