Bio-diesel Lotus Exige

http://www.pistonheads.com/lotus/default.asp?storyId=14861

pretty cool…

What a great feat Lotus has pulled off with this one…

A benchmark for the future no doubt, and wow is it quick.

Nice…I wonder if this is where most cars will eventually end up (Ethanol)…considering how environmentally-friendly and attainable it apparently is.

Guilt-free full throttle lol… 8)

dude… 3.88 0-60 is bonkers…

Either Ethanol or even Hydrogen, it’s an easy conversion for all the cars already out there and the exhaust is …Water. (read:DiHydrogen Monoxide Risks)

Bing, change the topic; I don’t think the fuel this car runs on can be called Bio-Diesel…

I’m suprised the mix is 85% as to my knowledge you can run on 70-75% ethanol/petro mixture with a mild tune. My cousin is a chemical engineer and works for an ethonol production facility. He was saying that he’s surprised that the gas companies haven’t cut our fuel with 30% ethanol.

I also don’t understand why companies that cut fuel with ethanol price their fuel the same as others… We don’t see people reporting the cost of fuel grade production crops or the price of gas changing due to a good harvest…

If we start selling Either Ethanol at the pumps, gas sniffing bums will have a blast with that stuff!

i think sunco has ethenol in their fuel

yea sunoco does, especially in the 94 octane that i always use, so if exhaust is water, that means we wont have to run cat converters? im pretty sure there will still be some kind of a cat, less backpressure for turbo, and does that mean we will backfire a crapload of water after the fire ? lol

This car doesn’t run on bio-diesel, it runs on E-85. E-85 is well suited to forced induction, its got a high octane rating, and when it vaporizes in the intake, it actually cooles the charge quite a bit.
The Cornell FSAE team exploits that well with a 5th injector upstream of the intake manifold that has an intercooler effect.

Problem isn’t burning bio-ethanol, it’s running it through the motor. Alcohol of any type dry out the rubber seals in a stock motor, thus creating larger reliability and catastrophic failure problems.

With the correct seals, it should be fine.

We’ll put grease nipples on our motors now!