Black friday/cyber monday purchases

I decided to build a computer, not exactly for gaming but I kinda wanted a computer that didn’t suck. My current one has windows Vista which windows update won’t even update it anymore, it feels so slow

Intel I3-6100, 16gb DDR4-2400 memory, 480gb SSD, windows 10 and a motherboard that can over clock the i3 but in reality dont plan to. I have a couple friends who have built a lot of gaming computers and have a decent leftover gpu I plan to use.

Also got a decent case for everything, plan to reuse my old power supply, really hope it will work with the new setup, should have plenty of watts but not sure if plugs are the same or have changed in the last 8 years.

All in shipped to my house I’m at $550 not including $45 in mail in rebates.

Doesn’t really seem like much of a deal for an i3 that you’re building yourself and reusing your PS.

Could have bought this i5 and tossed in an extra 8GB of ram for what you paid.

I know, but 256gb isn’t much space and not sure what the read write speed of the SSD that computer comes with is. I was hoping for better deals but I was kinda also doing it to build my own. So I got twice the ram, almost twice the disk space, and I got to pick the case for about $50 more, but i3 instead of i5.

My i3 is 3.7ghz vs the 2.7 i5 but the multitasking is better for i5 I believe

256 is more than enough for your OS/programs that benefit from the speed of SSD, then use a traditional platter drive for storage.

Yeah I hear ya, my current HDD is a 300gb and I have like 37gb free, so I was worried 250 wouldn’t be enough.

I checked this morning hoping the price of everything I bought last night would be higher so I could feel like I got a deal lol

Im hoping when AMD releases their new cpus next year intels i7s go down in price and maybe I’ll upgrade the cpu for cheap.

I wanted to buy a new laptop or Mac but I’m a computer newb so I bitched out and didn’t buy anything. I really like the MacBook Air 13" but it hasn’t been updated in forever. Not that I would notice a difference.

I love my Air. I have a 13" I picked up like two years ago, and like you mentioned, not a whole hell of a lot has changed.

I bought a winter coat instead of Black Friday rare whiskey shopping.

I bought a calendar

http://www.showclassmag.com/show-class-painted-ladies-2017-calendar.html

I like your buy much better.

Bought a new snowboard jacket and new flow nx2 bindings.

Blame Intel for that, the Macbook Air’s use Intel’s ULT Mobile chips and those chips have tended to be a generation behind for the ones apple likes to use in the Air’s. From a processing perspective the current Broadwell chips in the current gen Air are more than fine the only thing skylake ones will give you is likely battery life improvements and some GPU improvements.

• Updated - - -

With game install sizes 250GB will be gone very quickly, SSD’s are cheap enough now buying 512GB or 1TB makes much more sense.

I’ve got a lot to gain (or lose) depending on how successful AMD’s launch of Zen is. Fingers crossed!

bought this, liking it so far. https://www.fatwallet.com/deals/zte-axon-7-64gb-dual-sim-unlocked-smartphone-monster-roc-sport-wireless-hea-3205675

So the GPU my friend is giving me, is a little old but I believe it was a high end card when it came out.
MSI Radeon HD 6950 DirectX 11 R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
Its not available any more but when I googled it, I got a price of $299.99.

Today I looked at the prices of the parts I bought, and I’m happy they mostly went up in price, so I did save a little cash buying everything on black friday. I think I saved about $80 which isn’t a ton but I’m happy. Can’t wait to get everything in the mail, too bad its coming from California!

I wont buy another apple computer. I LOVE osx, but i refuse to support a company that designs the charger in the manner they do. They are a known failure point. Rather than making the magsafe part able to be disconnected and replaced, they require you to replace the whole brick at a hundred bucks. Noped out of apple after my 3rd charger.

I got a couple hockey sticks.
Got one of these cheap. I swear its made in the same factory as gopro. Havent used it yet but i cant imagine its not amazing for the price based on reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFMT1RM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone doing any black Friday or cyber Monday shopping?

I’m probably going to get a graphics card.

I’m looking for a smart thermostat, tossing between a Nest 3rd gen or the new Honeywell WiFi smart color. Both are the same price.

I just re-read the start of the thread and @JayS coming in and shitting all over your setup, lmao!

Thought about the same. But my 1060 does everything I need.

Lol. It’s cool, I’m not the best at finding deals, I probably should have made the thread and then bought something recommended.

I actually was just over JayS’ s house installing his wifi tstat.