Black Friday Experts - Step Inside

So…my GF wants a new laptop (and I was thinking of getting her for Christmas anyway, but since she brought it up when I was with her this weekend, I told her I was getting her one). She wanted to go on BF and pick one up, I told her not to and to let me get one so I can set it up, etc. (she lives in VA, so I wanted to install LogMeIn, etc. so I can take it over should she need help with something, etc.)

Anyhow, I have NEVER been to the Black Friday madness. How much cheaper can I expect to get a decent laptop (say one that retails for $400-450 or so)? Is it even worth my time?

I don’t wanna waste my time getting to a store at some stupid hour only to save $50. :lol

Wait till love4boost gets a new in box one… cheapest you’ll find. If not just buy one that she likes. I wouldn’t bother with the black friday hype. Where in VA is she from?

That’s kinda what I figured, but I’ve heard of people leaving with some ridiculous deals so just wasn’t sure if it was rare occasions where people make out like that or if it’s a normal thing.

She’s from Harrisonburg, VA. I just got back from there couple hours ago. I think I’m flying next time. I spent ~$180 in gas…I can get a flight to Baltimore + rental for $250(through southwest) and save myself the hassle and exhaustion and only have to drive like 2hrs and 15 minutes instead of driving 7+ hours.

Ha… I just drove to and from Front Royal and Fredricksburg… we could’ve carpooled and/or raced. It’s a tough drive alone for sure. fucking women

Black Friday is a bs hype usually. Limited quantity of the ‘good deal’ that sells quick then youre stuck buying something else, or wasting your time. Worked BF at Walmart a few years in a row. Look for the BF sales from Tigerdirect.com Newegg.com something to that effect.

Haha…cool.

I had a LONG weekend.

Left Friday night for Philly so I could attend a wedding on Saturday morning. Wedding started off fine, light flurries, then switched to ice and actual snow. They lost power in much of Philly but luckily the church had a generator :lol. Otherwise that wedding would have ended quick lol. I left early to get out of the city and on my way to VA ASAP. Brother in law told me 95 was at a stand still in downtown Philly so I went north a bit and was going to head to VA via 78 (Harrisburg, PA) but traffic wasn’t any better so I got off and started heading south again only to get stuck behind 3 plow trucks. Took some side roads, passed them, and got on 95 further down south. Drive down to DC and just past DC was bad due to lots of slush, etc.

Once I hit 66 I was fine though. But yeah, drove right through Port Royal :lol.

Definitely thinking of flying Southwest next time (probably early December).

Will do. I’ll check online. I’ll probably just get it straight from Dell and call it a day. I love me some Dell.

black friday sucks, the sick deals are usually on garbage, if you like anything in the best buy ad get there on thanksgiving morning (not joking), i’m only speaking about best buy because i have worked there.

Glad I posted in here lol. Thanks guys. I’ll just shop for a laptop like I normally would.

just check online at theblackfriday.com and other similar websites and find out there if its worth your time and frustration to go to a store on black friday

last year i picked up a tv and a laptop for good prices. look through the fliers, sometimes you get good deals, but you need to be there early.

i got the tv on “black saturday”

if buying online is an option check “cyber thursday”

not worth it to save $30 bucks on a TV. I’ll stay home.

Stay up on thanksgiving until midnight and order the laptop online… most stores have online deals as well. A few years ago Wayne and I ordered a TV for wicked cheap from Best Buy then went later on in the day and picked it up in the store… we have bought many items on thanksgiving online and early morning on black friday

Look for deals online on cyber Monday (Monday after BF) from online retailers and not have to deal with insane people.

Good tips. Thanks folks.